Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andy Ftw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
Hey,

So I've seen lots of different lockscreens in Cydia with custom clocks and what not but I always find when I hit the power button, there is always about a 0.5/1 second lag before the time updates itself to the current time.

This happens with slantedlock and every other custom lockscreen I have tried.

Does everyone else experience this? Is there anyway to stop this?

dudeabiding

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
I'm using LS Lockscreen (HTML) and it doesn't do that but I've had others that did. A half-second delay isn't much. I assume they are waking up, going to the server, getting the time, and displaying it.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hey,

So I've seen lots of different lockscreens in Cydia with custom clocks and what not but I always find when I hit the power button, there is always about a 0.5/1 second lag before the time updates itself to the current time.

This happens with slantedlock and every other custom lockscreen I have tried.

Does everyone else experience this? Is there anyway to stop this?

tahts because they use java script or html code to display the time using png files, so the delay is the phone geting the system time and displaying it

Andy Ftw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll have a look at for some HTML ones and see if there is a difference. Personally I can't stand the delay and it's enough to put me off using one unfortunately, but obviously some people don't care about that, fair enough :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.