Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
One last question, sorry for being a pain in the butt, Does MR have an auto renewal every year or is it a one time deal once a year.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Images of a man, licking his nipple while in serious and sensible dialogue with an iPod, peeking through a door while also responding to sensible questions with efficient language, are pretty much a unique, surreal experience in MR.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
xsedrinam said:
Images of a man, licking his nipple while in serious and sensible dialogue with an iPod, peeking through a door while also responding to sensible questions with efficient language, are pretty much a unique, surreal experience in MR.
And who wouldn't want to be apart of that. :p

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Lacero said:
You better not watch or rent Sin City then.
Graphic eh? It wouldn't bother me in a movie so much. Just thought it was not really appropriate for an avatar. Not that it hit's close to home or anything. Glad he changed it though :eek:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Have any avatars been pulled over the years for obscene content or bad taste or is there no real censorship at all.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I know that some avatars have drawn complaints, but I think the issues were minor and the members changed them voluntarily. I don't remember a specific avatar being rejected out of hand, but I'm not entirely sure. Rules do apply, so, for example, an avatar with an X-rated photo or a racist phrase would be removed. By the time members get enough posts for an avatar, they generally know the rules.

I should tease you for saying "one last question" about 20 posts ago and then asking more questions, but actually asking questions is fine.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I have always found the good Doctor and other Mods to be very kind, patient and informative when dealing with all types of questions, even when they get asked repeatedly. Members on the other hand, myself included, have had a tendency to lose patience at times with the more redundant questions. I always try to be kind and point to the search functions or FAQ, but sometimes that is taken as being rude and unhelpful.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.