Why do Apple Music recommendations suck?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tonyr6, Dec 10, 2016.

1. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

Really I have been listening for months and it still recommends newer pop garbage I have no interest in. Spotify which I am using 3 months for $0.99 I only listened a few times and it is already recommending about 95% albums that I know I would love.

Even though Apple Music recommendations are better than Play Music which took months of much listening before any rap garbage was gone I still can't believe how much better Spotify is with recommendations.

2. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Please stay with Spotify. Its clear its better for you.

3. tonyr6 thread starter macrumors 65816

tonyr6

I am dropping Spotify they got rid of Anita Baker. They only have one new song from here while Apple Music has all of her albums and the new song.

Okay so I am also trying Amazon Music as for them they have missing albums they have only two Anita Baker albums however they have more country music then even Spotify, yes I like country music so since I am only paying $59 for the first year being a Prime member and getting a 20% discount I will keep it as a supplement of Apple Music.

As for Apple Music new music recommendations I don't bother no more. I listen to playlists, albums and if I hear a song somewhere else I search on Apple Music and listen there.

4. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

How many of these threads are you going to start? You said you were 'done for good' with Apple Music back in May.

5. AeroZ macrumors 6502

AeroZ

Lol

6. tonyr6 thread starter macrumors 65816

tonyr6

Certain older albums are only on Apple Music (Vanessa Williams, Shannon, Freestyle dance hits. etc) so I have to keep it no matter what. Also have to keep Amazon Music Unlimited for Garth Brooks as a Christmas gift for me just I found his past albums on there. I wanted my Garth and was disappointment during the Apple event when I though Tim Cook was going to announce Garth Brooks instead of that no talent hack Ski.