Why do bookmarks get added to the left side?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DramaLLama, Jan 26, 2014.

1. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

It's annoying lol... also the default folders are on the right side of the bookmarks bar.. I like to keep my folders on the left side since they're more permanent

2. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

I can't think of a single browser I use that doesn't have the bookmarks on the left side. It makes it easier to open nested bookmark folders.

3. DramaLLama thread starter macrumors 6502

On the bookmarks bar (favorites in safari) they are added to the left side of all your other bookmarks already in the bar. Other browsers add them to the right side. (as if adding from left to right... safari wants to add from right to left... yes they align with the left side but they are added to the left side in front of all the other bookmarks already there)

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If the bookmarks are not in an order that you like, then just move them.
    There's several methods to do that (at least in Safari)
    You can just click and drag any item to another position on the bookmark bar. OR
    click on the Show Sidebar icon in the bookmarks bar (or Show Sidebar from the View menu, and drag the items to positions that you like. OR
    click on Show Bookmarks from the Bookmarks menu, and edit the bookmarks and their location to your heart's content.
    You can do the same with any of the folders - move them to the left end, if that's where you want them.

5. DramaLLama thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm aware thanks though.. I was just venting I guess. I love Apple products but sometimes I think they're trying to be 'hipster' and do stuff that just doesn't make sense. We read from left to right, stuff in every other program gets added to the right side of what's currently there no matter what it is. Why does Apple have to say "no! we shall add to the left side!".. pisses me off

6. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

If you're adding it directly to the bookmarks bar it's quicker to just drag the favicon directly to the place you want it on the bar.

Thinking about this tho, it's probably so that newbs don't add something to an overloaded bookmarks bar and not know where it went because it ended up in the overflow submenu on the right.