Why Do Embdeded Videos SUCK on My Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LillieDesigns, Dec 22, 2009.

1. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

So after the past few years technology has allowed for web streaming to be easier and more functionable than ever. No more dial up, no more buffering every 15 seconds, HD, full screen, movies, tv shows, the whole nine yards.

I've noticed though that with these changes embedded videos never freaking work right. I can't adjust the volume, start and stop the vids properly, hell, half the time the things don;t even show up.

All my software is up to date and I am running Firefox...what am I doing wrong? It's annoying t click the video's play button 4 times before it registers.

Happens on youtube along with a variety of other players, but only happens at certain times.

Here is an example.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions. Sorry if this is a known problem - I did a search and didn't find anything. :apple:

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

The OS X variant of Flash is really bad. Always has been. MS Silverlight is even worse. It's the one down side to the Mac IMO.

Basically unless it's QT it ain't gonna work right.