Why do haters persuade and protest?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by xcodeaddict, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcodeaddict macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

Here's an amusing observation of human behaviour, and maybe the detractors of iOS 7 don't see this in themselves, but it sticks out like an orange neon sign to me:

Why do those who "hate" iOS 7, shout the loudest, and moan the longest? If I don't like chocolate, I spit it out and move on; no big deal, i'm over it in a few mins.

You don't find all the people who like/adore/love iOS 7, starting thread after thread, telling you "I LOVE iOS 7!!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!" - if we did that, we'd look as pushy and stubborn as the people who shout and decry iOS and how Jony Ive is a bad designer, and how the sky is falling in and the earth is imploding because THEY don't like something...

If you don't like iOS 7, then that's alright - Mr Ive and Cook are not offended, they're not going to knock on your door and throw a water bomb at you, because they're not even conscious that you don't like it, let alone conscious of your existence on planet earth. In fact, you are very likely *to* like it, in a few months time when it is released - it's just that because we are human, WE LIKE TO BE HEARD ABOVE ALL THE OTHER NOISE - PAY ATTENTION TO ME AND MY OPINIONS, NOW!!!!

Apple care about the hundreds of millions of people who DO like their products and software - if you don't like it, then don't like it in silence, just as we likers, on the whole, just get on with using and enjoying the experiences. Shoving your opinions in everyone's face doesn't make you correct, it makes you opinionated and arrogant, and who will you listen to more - a humble, calm person, or a shouty shouty angry hater, who has something to grumble about ALL the time?

Okay, you don't like iOS 7........ and... sorry... do we need to know? Sorry - have we missed something? Are we the misguided ones? Ah! Okay - you just carry on with explaining how bad Apple's design teams are, whilst they are not even aware of it, because that'll change it for you - yep!

Have a nice day, and remember... you'll change your minds about 17 times between now and the final release, and, if you *still* hate it then? Ah well :p

2. joneun macrumors member

Well, we were hoping that they would change it, because we don't want to use it.

And we're going to keep complaining until they do.

3. xcodeaddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

Keep smiling, I am sure Apple are listening to you. :)

I'll keep complaining about round wheels too - maybe one day someone will listen, and make them square.

Seriously, if you don't like it? Well, you already know the solution.

4. joneun macrumors member

How did they find out about Antennagate, Maps, and poor battery life, and the lock screen security breach problem? We complained.

And we're going to keep complaining until they do it right.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

First of all, this is a forum. If everyone just posted positive opinions, there would be nothing to talk about, and the forum would go dead. I've seen this happen to forums. It's not fun.

Second, you I imply that if I'm unhappy with iOS 7, I should switch to another platform. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any other platform that I like better. Windows 8 is even flatter, and Android is too confusing. So I will be sticking around, and occasionally, I might complain. If you don't like that, please feel free to ignore my posts. Thanks!

6. xcodeaddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

My point is this: So you like or dislike X, Y or Z platforms? Great, but with the utmost and sincere respect, don't get offended when noone else cares; it's irrelevant to us, so you could just save your effort typing and do something more positive that doesn't require DISliking something.

7. sexiewasd macrumors regular

I am almost entirely sure that complaining is why we now have control center, and an entirely new UI. People complain because when enough people do it in unison it tends to get results. Useful things come from it, if it weren't then people wouldn't do it. It's one of the fundemental attributes of human communication. Babies cry when they need something that they otherwise can't obtain by themselves, and adults complain when they want something that they rely on someone else to provide. Complaining is etched into our society. It's not going away, nor should it.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, I've posted here saying "I don't like X" before, and gotten no response, in which case I shrugged and moved on. This time, I posted "I find X, Y and Z problematic about iOS 7," and we are having a great discussion going on in many threads. Sorry you don't seem to be enjoying the discussions, but I am, and feeling rather positive at the moment! :D

9. zbarvian macrumors 68010

So what would you rather these DISCUSSION BOARDS be, just doting? Debates are more interesting, and I think you've got a bit of selective bias going on if you think only the naysayers are speaking long and hard.

10. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

So, you are complaining about people complaining. Got it.

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

Complainers are under the illusion that complaining on MR accomplishes something.

12. xcodeaddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

It accomplishes a very self-serving trait of human nature - to have everyone look at you for a moment, no matter for what reason. I understand people being wary of a new design paradigm, but the repeat posts and the tedium is just laughable and redundant - why the mods put up with this is beyond me.

All rational logic is thrown to the wind when someone decides, willingly, to rant... it's just human nature I suppose... this tsunami of utter guff will pass, just as the Final Cut Pro X rants passed, and it will all be long forgotten in a few months... how utterly silly.

13. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I hate when people act like it's a bad thing to say you dislike something... As if only the positive opinions matter...

14. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I don't hate ios7, but I don't understand why someone would go to a forum owned by someone else that set their own rules and complain about stuff that's posted within the rules. You are suggesting they change the rules to what YOU like? Wouldn't it be easier for you to start your own board?

It's someone else's board, they make the rules and if I decided I didn't like the rules I would leave. Simple.

Actually I would consider this thread more against the rules than posting the dislike of an ios:

Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned.

15. xcodeaddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

To all those who have taken deliberate offence to my posts, I am sorry you have - they're not intentionally meant to cause inflammatory replies - I'll tone it down now, however, as I see that is how some are perceiving them.

God bless, thanks.

16. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

Cool story bro :confused:

----------

Lol no joke. But his complaining is riteous for some reason.

17. xcodeaddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

Not a story, an opinion. Glad you liked, sorry you is confuzzled :)

18. gglittle macrumors regular

Actually, Mythbuster's made square wheels, but square just doesn't work for wheels.

19. falconeight Guest

falconeight

20. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I don't think the op is complaining about people complaining as much as complaining about people starting 50 different threads to complain about the exact same thing. It is a bit annoying to wade though 30 pointless threads about how the apps look ugly to find one interesting thread. Also people complain about ios 7 like apple released it as an update that is ready to go. Complaining about smoothness of a first beta of a redesigned operating system does not make sense to me. Maybe I'm the weird one but I think ios 7 beta 1 is pretty decent for a first beta as I use it on my iPhone 5 and haven't had any huge issues.

21. maxosx macrumors 68020

A good portion of who Apple is since the advent of the iPhone is based on hype. Steve Jobs true genius was his ability to influence & convince via exaggerated manipulative claims, that he got people to accept as real. Therefore Apple stands as a highly polarizing company.

When the product fails to live up to the hype customers cry out. Their unrealistic expectations a product of Apple themselves. Like a cat chasing its tail, Apples continuing use of terms designed to give the impression only Apple knows best & has products no other company could create, will only continue to exacerbate the phenomenon.

Yet at this juncture having lost their master influencer, it's new uncharted territory they face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.