Why do I get phone call notification when I'm not wearing my watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vmflapem, Oct 21, 2018.

1. vmflapem macrumors 6502

I have a Watch series 4 (Stainless Steel) and I do not have data plan set up.
    Whenever I take off my watch and leave it on the desk, it keeps sending me phone call notification (it doesn't send me any other notification). This is weird because the phone screen is locked and it detects that it's NOT on my wrist.
    Is there a way of turning this off completely so whenever it's off my wrist, it doesn't send me any notification?

2. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

Well if you are on wifi or even close proximity to your phone, it will send that notification. Why only phone for you, no clue. Go in the Watch App ---> Notifications '''> Phone. What does it say? Is Mirror my phone checked? If so, click custom and then turn notifications off.

3. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Maybe I'm misreading, but how does your watch send you a notification when you are not wearing it?
    Do you mean that when you put it back on you see missed calls?

4. vmflapem thread starter macrumors 6502

No, you read it correctly, that's why I'm very confused. It sends me heptic vibration notification while the watch is off my wrist. It would just vibrate on my desk when I get a phone call to my iPhone... It doesn't do that for any other notification like facebook message, text, etc.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 21, 2018 ---
    Yup it does say mirror my phone but I have that on for all other notifications as well (texts, facebook, mail, etc.). Only phone call notifications get sent to my watch while it's off my wrist (it would just vibrate on its own on my desk).

5. profmatt macrumors 68000

profmatt

Yes, this happens to me.

The other day someone called me. My iPhone was on silent (including no vibration). My AW was on its charger in nightstand mode. The AW rang to indicate a call.

6. vmflapem thread starter macrumors 6502

Is that normal? How did you fix this issue? It's pretty annoying. I don't want to turn off notification because then there's no point of wearing an Apple Watch lol