Why do I have a white screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fjs08, Mar 17, 2011.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

My iPhone, which is 3 series, I guess you would call it and is about 11 months old suddenly displays a white screen.
    It was working perfectly, I had to shut it off completely for a plane trip.
    When I powered back on, I received my normal screen and sent a few txt's that I had landed. When I brought it back up I had a white screen.
    I've found that if I reset (Power and Home button), I can restart iPhone and can use the phone until I stop my session. Once the screen goes black, the next time I bring it up, I have a white screen.
    Since this is my only phone, I almost never shut it off completely, except for plane trips which I take about every 6 weeks.
    Have I just worn it out???
    Thoughts????
    Thanks.
    Frank

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Have apple check it out, sounds like something failed.

3. this is funah, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

google: "iphone 3g white screen" ... there are a few apparent fixes that may work

4. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

As you are nearing the end of your warranty period, my first stop would be at an Apple Store.

5. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Called AppleCare on Thursday. They had me do a bunch of various things, none worked. So I went to the Apple Store via a Genius Bar appointment AppleCare made for me and I received a replacement phone.

I was told to just do a restore, etc. Worked well, however, my Calendar items aren't syncing between my Mac and iPhone. Also on the new iPhone, when I create a new event, I can't see a choice of Calendars to assign the event to.
    How to I solve this issue??
    Thanks.
    I do have MobileMe.
    Frank

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Have you set mobile me up on the new iPhone? Go settings, then Mail, Contacts and Calender and see what it says and let me know. Also make sure calender syncing is turned on.

7. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

It's confusing.
    I found the account and it is set to get mail.
    When I click Calendars, it says that doing this will turn off syncing with my email account which the same address.
    Not sure what that means.
    Frank