Why do I have to connect to PC to reboot after jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Gix1k, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

iPod reboots to cable and iTunes screen. As soon as I connect to my PC it boots to lock screen. Can this be fixed? It's a 3rd gen IPT.

2. pnt101 macrumors member

pnt101

if your ipod is a 3G its tethered
    1G and 2G users are untethered

tethered means you have to run blackra1n whenever your turn off your touch. just wait till greenp0si0n comes out.

3. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

4. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Yeah, it's no fun :( You can work around it a bit by putting the iPod to sleep rather than turning it off, only installing software from Cydia when you're near a computer, and managing your battery life carefully, but there's no question that it's more of a hassle than it should be. There are persistent rumors of an impending untethered jailbreak for the 3G Touch and later 3GS models, but nothing has been released yet...

5. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

geohot has already made an untethered jailbreak for the ipod touch 3g, and is releasing it as soon as apple releases 3.1.3

6. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

That's the rumor, anyway. Of course, he's also sworn to stop even working on the iPhone OS due to the entitled morons bugging him on Twitter and his website, so it's hard to say what exactly is in the pipeline :(

7. pnt101 macrumors member

pnt101

greenp0sion has already delevoped a un tether jailbreak but is just waiting for the 4G to come out to jailbreak that too so apple doesnt update their protection and make the 4G tethered too

8. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

no ur wrong, the greenpois0n project has been abandoned. the blog hasnt been updated since november....its january.