Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skeet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I live on a college campus and everytime I move I usually just put my Pbook to sleep, however, I noticed that when I wake it up. the pbook will not connect to the internet through airport, but it will when I restart the pbook? Have any of you incountered this problem, or do any of you have any tips for me? Thanks so much

Applespider

macrumors G4
Is your Airport still saying it's on in the menu bar but not finding a signal? Or is it off and you have to restart to be able to turn Airport on again? What does your Network status say when it wakes up from sleep? Can it see the Airport card? Is your location set to Automatic so that it looks for Airport first?

I've never had this problem so not entirely sure. Mine wakes up and network is just there.

Did you install the card yourself? It might be worthwhile just checking to see whether it's properly inserted - they do take a bit of a push to get in.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
I do the same thing, moving from hotspot to hotspot on campus and back to my wireless network. What has worked for me is when i awake from sleep and it won't recognize the new network i click on the airport icon in the toolbar up top and then select the network i want to connect to. Good luck... lemme know if that helps...

skeet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I have a brand new Pbook

Even if I turn airport off before sleep then on when i wake the pbook up. the computer will still need to be restarted. I will try to click on the network that i want and see if that works. I know the card is in correctly bc my pbook is only a week old. Thanks for all the help

skeet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I do connect to a VPN

I do have to go from a VPN to a non VPN network. I dont know if that makes any difference?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.