Why do I have to wait that long for my 13 i7

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by keewawa, Jul 25, 2011.

1. keewawa macrumors newbie

Placed the order on the same day when it's refreshed, but it's said the estimated delivery date would be on 9th August :eek:. Just checked the status it's still not yet shipped. why is that long?!?! Really kind of torture to me :mad:
    I am in Spain and ordered in Education Store.

2. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

Call them?

No seriously, just do and ask.
    But before that go to Apple Store homage put the MBA you wanted in the SHopping cart and enter your zip code so it calculates the delivery time. If it is any closer to the current date then cancel your oder and place it again. Otherwise just call.

3. keewawa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx!
    Just tried what you suggested. It's like if I don't do any customisation, the delivery date is about 29 July which is normal, but once do any customisation (either upgrade CPU or change keyboard layout), the date is postponed to 8 August!
    I feel this is ridiculous since it only says 3 extra lab time for these sort of customisations :mad:

4. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

What does it say on the right side of the page, where you select the customizations? Does it still say 3days when you customize? Because if not the MBA might just be not available anymore in Spain, and has to be ordered from the factory.

5. keewawa thread starter macrumors newbie

As the picture attached.
    I upgraded CPU to i7 and selected International English as keyboard layout. It still says 3 day lab time. But in cart the final estimated date became to be 8 August. That's why I say it's weird :confused:

Attached Files:

• air.PNG
      air.PNG
      File size:
      11.1 KB
      Views:
    • air2.PNG
      air2.PNG
      File size:
      3.5 KB
      Views:
  6. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

Well calculating...3days from now is thursday + no weekend delivery + delivery time next week. Should still be there earlier. Maybe Apple spain has only a slow delivery type or something?

7. keewawa thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I actually ordered it on last Wednesday right after the updating of Apple store. It should be at least 'ready to ship' according to the timing in any cases. Anyway besides waiting what else can I do? Nothing ~~ :rolleyes:
    Thanks, man!