Why do I keep getting logged OFF!?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by DotCom2, Aug 16, 2010.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

It seems that everytime I log in, after only a few minutes I get logged off!
    Today I logged in and wanted to reply to a thread. It took me several minutes to compose my thoughts and re-read and edit it. When I finally hit submit post, I guess it was too long and I had already been logged off by the system and my post did not go through! :mad:
    This is not the first time this has happened to me. It seems to log me off very soon. How do I stay logged on? What is the time limit on staying logged in?
    I guess in the future I will have to compose my post in a word processer program and then copy and paste so I don't stand the chance of losing everything I just composed! :mad::mad::mad:
    SHEESH!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Have you clicked the "Remember me" thingy? Also, reset you browser and/or try another browser

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

If you don't click the "Remember Me" button, you will be logged off after 15 minutes. As an alternative to the "Remember Me" button if you don't want to worry about logging out when you're done if on a public computer, you can click the "Preview Post" button every so often while composing your post to keep your session active...not a bad idea to check things over when composing a long post anyway.

4. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

Also, you can try copying the entire post to your clipboard before hitting submit. Then if it does end up logging you out, you don't have to rewrite the post.