Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
Why do I keep getting this message?

"Enter Passcode - Your passcode is required to continue using Passive Entry" (see attached screenshot)

It even pops up sometimes when I'm watching a YouTube video, during typing texts, or even while the phone's camera is shooting a video. If I swipe up, the message goes away... but I can never completely get rid of it and it pops up at the most random times.

Thanks for your help!
EnterPasscode.jpg

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Passive Entry
With some cars, you can use passive entry to lock, unlock, or start your car. All you need to do is have your device with you.

Do you have a car key in Apple Wallet? Are you within 30 feet of your car?

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
Passive Entry
With some cars, you can use passive entry to lock, unlock, or start your car. All you need to do is have your device with you.

Do you have a car key in Apple Wallet? Are you within 30 feet of your car?

Thanks! That must be it. My car is in the garage, next to the room that I'm in. Now that I think about it, this "issue" never occurs anywhere else. So my car and my iPhone are just trying to communicate with each other. I assume that the only way to prevent this is to disable the passive entry to my car?

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Thanks! That must be it. My car is in the garage, next to the room that I'm in. Now that I think about it, this "issue" never occurs anywhere else. So my car and my iPhone are just trying to communicate with each other. I assume that the only way to prevent this is to disable the passive entry to my car?
It’s definitely your car interacting with your iPhone in that case. Beware that your car can be unlocked and driven away depending on the model, so check for a car forum for your model more info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.