Why do i keep losing connection with my keyboard, mouse, and trackpad?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by danmc00, Sep 21, 2011.

1. danmc00 macrumors regular

Every once in a while I will wake my iMac up and the mouse, keyboard, and trackpad can't be found. The only way I have found to fix this is to reboot. This just started after Lion install. Is anyone else having this problem? I know that batteries in all are good.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If your keyboard, trackpad and mouse can't be found, how are you waking your iMac?

3. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

That's a good question. To wake my iMac, I always push the spacebar, so it must be connected for just a second then it isn't. Makes no sense to me!

4. coopiklaani macrumors member

coopiklaani

5. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Shutdown. Pull the plug for 1 min. Plug it back in and do a pRAM reset when it comes up.

6. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

8. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

It is happening now more than ever. Almost every time I wake computer up. Only way I have found to fix is to hard reboot. Starting to get very annoying!

9. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

When I go to my iMac now and try to wake it with the keyboard, mouse, or trackpad it doesn't do anything at all. There is no connection! I can wake up cpu by pushing the power button but can't move the mouse, so the only way I can use is to hard reboot. This is getting very frustrating. I guess I will be making a call to Apple tech support later today.