Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
I dont use the iTunes store for music and I only want free apps from the App Store but it needs a iTunes account for them! I dont want to give Apple my credit card details or anything, I just want free apps!

Any way to get them without a iTunes Store account?

mattrobs

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
Apple hopes you'll think otherwise and try out the rest of their store. With your credit card or credit already on file, that'll make it that much easier.

It you buy an iTunes card, you can redeem it without entering credit card info.

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Are you insane? That is a scammers paradise!

Paranoid are we?! I'm from the UK and I used this method to get my hands on an American iTunes account (apparently I live in Cupertino) and I've had no problems. The links you find simply give you codes to redeem in the iTunes store, simply fill in the code and make an account...not sure how you think you could be scammed.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Hasent worked over here :(

EDIT: Despite it saying that I have a account and have just installed a free app! Thanks! :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 325

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Hasent worked over here :(

You need to fill in a valid US address when you create an account....that or try to find a redeem code from a UK source. I have 2 accounts, a US and UK. A US account will get you access to the apps, you can also order iTunes cards from various sources so you can use your US account to get things that you can't get from the UK store.....of course you're not supposed to do this, but meh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.