why do i need to jailbreak Iphone 3G..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sagarrana55, Nov 6, 2008.

1. sagarrana55 macrumors member

hi guys i was just wondering.. why do i need to jailbreak my iphone 3g. how can it help me.. can i get free app by jailbreaking.. i know by jailbreaking i can get Tzones so i can use t-mobile internet plan for only $5.99 but what else..?? what else can i do??? please be specific
    and please someone give me guide to jailbreak iphone 3g which is running firmware 2.1...

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

There are like, a billion threads here on Macrumors as to how to Jailbreak and why to Jailbreak. Do a search.

But I'll give you the quick rundown:

Themes. You can make your iPhone look anyway you want.
    Apps. Plenty of great apps that are not available through Apple (or anywhere else)
    Sounds. See themes. You can change all your sounds.

Those are the big ones for me. I'm sure other folks have plenty of other reasons they Jailbroke their phone.

But seriously, HOW to Jailbreak your phone has been discussed here and there are several simple "how to" guides. Just use that little box in the upper right hand corner of the screen that says "search".

3. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Jailbreaking a 3G does not unlock it for another carrier.

For those who advocate it (I'm in that crowd), obviously it's worth it. For those who live their lives in a bubble, it may not be.

The value is in the eye of the beholder.

4. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

That's the one that did it for me. I used to be 100% positive that I would never jailbreak. And then, over time, I found myself wishing for features that were not availabile, only to find that I could have them if I jailbroke!

I began to read about it, and eventually, I realized that there really is no reason not to! :)

5. gheavey macrumors newbie

i would recommend that you should get a 3g sim card

6. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

A sim card won't jailbreak your phone.

Use QuickPwn.