Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean9689

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Well, I originally bought my 1st MBP right after Christmas. Soon afterward, my tolerance for PC's went out the window and I wanted to change my work computer. So, I ordered a refurbed Macbook (Black).

Played with it about a week before the new MBP's came out and the prices dropped. Was looking back in the refurb section and saw the same MBP for $1449.00, only $149.00 more then I just paid for my refurbed Blackbook. So, I called Apple, and made the exchange. Now, I'm going to own two MBP's...one for work...one for play. Also got the rebate on the printer because it was through my business...can't complain about a free printer/fax/scanner.

Total, $1510.22 delivered.
Not bad at all.

Neil321

macrumors 68040
Well, I originally bought my 1st MBP right after Christmas. Soon afterward, my tolerance for PC's went out the window and I wanted to change my work computer. So, I ordered a refurbed Macbook (Black).

Played with it about a week before the new MBP's came out and the prices dropped. Was looking back in the refurb section and saw the same MBP for $1449.00, only $149.00 more then I just paid for my refurbed Blackbook. So, I called Apple, and made the exchange. Now, I'm going to own two MBP's...one for work...one for play. Also got the rebate on the printer because it was through my business...can't complain about a free printer/fax/scanner.

Total, $1510.22 delivered.
Not bad at all.

More the better

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
Sweet deal...but why don't you just carry your laptop between home and work? Isn't that the point?

Sean9689

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
St. Louis, MO
ok..but laptops are portable..ever consider taking the laptop to work?

Uh. I realize that. :rolleyes:
I have photos, music, videos, programs, etc. that aren't appropriate for work on my home laptop. :D
I travel around town for work and such so I use the work laptop to do that. At home, I'm wireless so it's nice to carry around the house.

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
You could also have simply made 2 accounts on your laptop, one for work and one for play. With a big enough hard drive and some password protection, you wouldn't have to worry about people seeing your home pictures that "arent appropriate" (hahah I'm twisting your words :D).

That's what I do with my dad: we're now sharing a MBP and he doesnt want to have any of my stuff on his side, so I made a new account.

uNext

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2006
My house is full of macs.

Macpro with 30" lcd.
Macbook pro 2.2 & 2.6 (mine)
macbook air and macbook (hers)
mac mini.

Had an imac but sold it to get the 30" beast.

and they all serve a purpose amazing.

I only use windows @ work.

Ryox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
UK
I have 4 now but soon I'll have 5

MBP
12" Powerbook
Quad G5
Macbook Air
Mac Pro [On its way]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.