Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
I originally had the 7200 rpm hd and 4GB of ram then upgraded to 8gb then went back to 4gb after the screen getting fuzzy with the Intel graphics. My original scroe was 5.9. Why with an Intel X 25 160GB SSD do I get a 5.3? I get a 7.1 for the SSD but I'm getting the lowest score with the graphics? Any suggestions???

Full specs in sig

theheyes

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2006
Manchester
It says in your screenie the score is "determined by lowest subscore", so that answers your question as to why it's 5.3.

As for why the score has dropped, try running the benchmark again.

M0bius1

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
It says in your screenie the score is "determined by lowest subscore", so that answers your question as to why it's 5.3.

Indeed, your lowest score within the all the ratings will determine your overall score, the thinking is; your computer is only as fast as the slowest part.

The graphics scored so low because it is a mobile chipset, while its pretty darn good compared to other mobile graphics, its nothing compared to pretty much any desktop type graphics card. That is the nature of mobile and onboard graphics.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Indeed, your lowest score within the all the ratings will determine your overall score, the thinking is; your computer is only as fast as the slowest part.

The graphics scored so low because it is a mobile chipset, while its pretty darn good compared to other mobile graphics, its nothing compared to pretty much any desktop type graphics card. That is the nature of mobile and onboard graphics.

I have since updated the driver and now get a 6.4 for my graphics :D

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
Laptop graphics cards, especially integrated graphics, are not great. A dedicated video card on a desktop that costs around $200 or more will be good for gaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.