Why do I ponder spending a few bucks on an app?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by agkm800, Oct 14, 2009.

1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Come to think of it, it's somewhat funny and I am stupid.

I have an app that I'd love to have. It's $3.99. I don't usually buy paid apps - I've only bought one paid app for $1.99 and it was worth every penny.

However, I have pondered for a few days now and I am still hesitant to spend $3.99 on an another app that I know will be very useful in my life. What's $3.99?? I believe a Big Mac or an Whopper alone costs around that nowadays. Heck, I probably waste hundred times more than that on useless or worthless things or junk foods every year.

Having said that, I will stop being so stupid and just go ahead and buy the app now.

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Congratulations! Now, please let me know what app it is so I can completely berate you for your foolish expenditure of money.;)

5. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Your frivolous lifestyle makes me sick. Don't you know we're in a recession for crying out loud. $3.99 is a lot of money. In fact, you should be canceling that expensive At&t plan, selling your iPhone and going back to doing things via land line and pay phone only. Sheesh, the nerve of some folks. People are losing their jobs, their homes, and there are still starving children in Africa. How dare you come on here a make your mole hill of a problem into a mountain. I'm stunned.

What app was it again? :D

6. agkm800 thread starter macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Well, what it is doesn't matter. I believe many of us have a paid app or two in sight that we really really want but just can't seem to spend a few bucks for it. So you wait for it to be on sale or somehow magically becomes free one day, even though you know it very well that it may give you a more than a few bucks' worth of enjoyment or make your life more productive.

This is just an example. The behavior of spending quick on frivolous things yet becoming very hesitant to spend on better things was the topic of my thoughts.

7. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

8. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Are we talking an app for an iPhone or a Computer? if its for an iPhone do what you want I don't own one so couldn't care less, if it's an app for your mac look into an open source alternative many exist that are just as good. which are free I don't know though I am curious are there any free apps for the iphones?

9. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

It's human nature to think about prices based on perceived relative value rather than in an absolute cost/benefit manner, which is much more rational. If you see lots of apps being given away for free, it makes the $3.99 seem much more expensive in comparison. So don't feel bad about overthinking it. But you should see the idiots gripe in the iTunes store's ipod game section. Like every other review is some fool saying "ipod game prices are too high! Click on the 'like review' button if you agree!" These retards are complaining about 5 fricken bucks. I bet that most of the people complaining about $5 being too pricey for a game also drink starbucks coffees that cost the same amount, but are finished with in a couple of minutes.

10. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Kinda makes me glad I bought a Helio sometimes LOL