Why do I want a Nano?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lamina, Apr 11, 2007.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I have a 5th gen 30GB. Why do I want a Nano? I actually had a dream that I bought a blue one. I don't even have a job.

Why am I searching eBay for one?

2. Forced Perfect macrumors 6502

Forced Perfect

Because they're perdy? hehe I can honestly say I have no interest in them other than because I love collecting Apple gear. Besides the non-solid state memory, my 5g 60 GB is better in every way. Some might argue that it's a lot larger, but I have never had any problem putting it in pockets and that's with a case on it. :p

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Because they're perdy?

EDIT:
    WOW!

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I was in a similar position, except i had a 4th Gen 20Gb iPod that i loved and swore to myself that i would keep until at least 6th Gen iPod was released.

The nano just drew in me with it's size and battery life. I absolutely love the battery life on this thing. It is so much better than my old iPod.

5. lamina thread starter macrumors 68000

lamina

I'm glad I'm not alone on this... I'll probably have one by summer's end

6. civilizedrat macrumors regular

Me too. A red 4GB (or the 8 GB if they ever do remain more than a second up on the refurb site).

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I cracked after a month, but thats because someone at my uni was offering a 2 day old black nano for £135 (the 4Gb sell for £129).

8. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

I want a second nano...I have an 8GB Red one (sweet as hell, was a present)

But I want another so I can go running (as part of Nike+) with it and not care if I scratch it, drop it, etc.

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

check your local apple store, i got a refurb from them before they were posted online. which a month later said the battery was a dud and they gave me a brand new one

Yea, i have a 5 gen ipod and i bought a nano... Mainly to keep in my backpack for school. I use my nano more then my video now.... I never really listen to all my songs so my nano is perfect and the battery lasts forever!

10. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

I have a 5g 30 gig black iPod, but i do want a nano to take with me jogging, the 30g one works fine but it get s heavy and starts pulling down my pants while im running, also tried the strap on my arm and i feel like it starts cutting my blood circulation.haha i knwo it doen st but still... i want a nano, but i won t pay full price for it...

11. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I just switched up my 60gb video for a pink nano and a nike kit. Couldn't be happier.. I never watched video on my iPod and never listened to all the music I stored on it... so, the nano is actually quite perfect. I can run with it, the battery is amazing, the size makes it easy to carry around...

12. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

For me, even 80Gb doesn't cover my entire library and I started going off larger HDD-based players, and I feel very self-conscious squinting at videos on a 2.5" screen. I now like to sync recent podcasts and stuff I've picked to listen for the next couple of days onto a flash player. And since I have my PSP with me most of the time I sync iPod-format videos to that, so if I HAVE to view videos like Podcasts I do it on the PSP.

But to answer your question, it's because you're a typical case of a JRDF-addled Mac Addict :p