Why do I want a Pixel?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Mrbobb, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Mrbobb macrumors 601

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

3. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Is this a prompt? Sorry professor, I don't accept homework assignments anymore.

4. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

You want a Pixel because it's a great phone. The compromises aren't compromises for you. You're already on Verizon and can get it through a device payment plan. You don't care about wireless charging. You don't want to take pictures in the pool. You'll keep all of your pictures in Google Photos so 32GB of non-expandable storage will suffice. Sure, the 1080 resolution may not be the best for VR, but with the free Daydream View headset you still see that as a perk rather than a compromise. And hey, it's not an iPhone and it's not a Samsung, so A+.

5. Relentless Power, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The quick charge is a nice selling point. Google claims it has a higher quality camera than the iPhone. And the 3.5 Jack is attached.

6. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Where is it? This one short paragraph of yours.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It is customary for the OP to start the ball rolling. If you can not put in the effort to write one short paragraph, why should anyone else ?

8. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

It would have to be the software, as thats really the only advantage I can see on this handset when compared to others. Stock, optimized Android with fast updates directly from google.

9. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I tried to write a paragraph but I couldn't come up with more than a sentence.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

You want the latest and greatest phone out right now.

11. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Let's be honest, the Pixel would be a world beater...in 2014

12. rockitdog macrumors 68020

You want a pixel because it has water resistance, fast-charging and wireless charging, expandable storage and also stereo speakers, unique design and attractive price tag.... oh wait, never mind. It doesn't have any of that.

13. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

The Pixel phone will be the most pure vision Google has for android. It will work best with other Google things, hardware wise. Google Wi-Fi, Google Home, Google Cast, Google Pixel.

14. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I think this phone is pretty sweet. The only downside to me, since i'll still use a mac, is the lack of auto syncing with messages, contacts, etc, as well as use of apple's music app. That kind of stuff. But if that all worked with this phone...

15. ag29 macrumors 6502

It's the fastest Android Phone because it has the snapdragon 821 processor and will always have the latest Android version. It (hopefully) does not come with carrier bloatware. All your photos can be uploaded in the cloud in full-scale resolution for free (Good but sounds creepy...I don't want someone from google looking at my personal photos). It has fast charging. Lots of other cool things that I am not sure about because the phone isn't out yet.

16. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

If it's anything like their tablet the google pixel c, this device will have all sorts of quality control issues......

17. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

You believe the myth of speedy, hassle free android support and updates directly from google.

18. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Is this technically true? Does the Pixel have some kind of hardware which makes it function better with Google products? I'll wager that any Android phone will work identically once updated to nougat, and probably not much less even without Nougat. Google doesn't have the balls to keep a feature or function for itself.

19. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

It's likely this thread was created to provide yet one more place for people to bash Android, Google and all that's related. Why anyone would reach out to a community of die hard Apple fanatics, asking them to tell you why you want a Pixel is a bit odd.

20. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

We will have to wait and see.

Past Google? I'd agree. But the instant they said they'd be treating their own hardware division like an OEM? I get the feeling their hardware division will look over their own stuff and optimize to make them work best together through software and keep that to themselves.

Pixel is Google's skinned Android.

21. FFR macrumors 65816

FFR

Actually....
    Pixel’s best features aren’t coming to the new version of Android | TechCrunch
    https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/05/pixels-best-features-arent-coming-to-the-new-version-of-android/

22. T48 macrumors newbie

That is actually the problem. From what I have read elsewhere they are keeping some things Pixel exclusive, even cutting out Nexus owners. If I would have had any interest in a Nexus device, it would have been for the latest & greatest updates in their software. Now Big G has seemingly trying to push those current customers toward purchasing a Pixel to get what they assumed they were getting with last years purchase.

23. Hanzu Lao Suspended

Hanzu Lao

If 700 hundred burns your pocket and you are dying to buy a very mid-range phone with bad design..

24. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

25. Radon87000 macrumors 603

Not really.The purest Android Google released was the Nexus.The Pixel is running a skin on top of it.I am honestly starting to think the Pixel sounded the deathknell of the real pure Android the Nexus stood for