Why do i want to Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by thebubbleboy, Feb 10, 2008.

1. thebubbleboy macrumors newbie

Hi,
    what is Jailbreaking?,
    why do i want 1.1.1 when i have 1.1.3?
    What are the benefits of Jailbreaking?
    :confused::confused::confused:
    sorry to sound dumb
    Thanx

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Do you want all of the new features of 1.1.3 (the new apps, the wiggly icons, lyrics suport, etc) for free, in addition to dozens (hundreds?) of free third party apps and games? Do you want to be able to customize your UI (custom music player controls/buttons, custom icons for all your apps, merged Music/Video icons like the iPhone has, wallpaper on the home screen, customized battery images, wifi, etc) ... ? If you answered yes to any of the above, jailbreaking is for you. My iPod was JB'd within thirty minutes of taking it out of the box, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Jailbreaking turns a cool gadget into an incredibly versatile and useful one, IMHO. ;)

3. touchkid macrumors member

I don't know, you tell me

4. elmo151 Guest

you don't ;) apple's SDK for the iPhone is imminent and will become the iPhone standard development platform. applications will be as plentiful as widgets. just hold on for a few months :rolleyes:

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.3 (JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Yeah, I guess you could wait for the SDK, whenever it arrives, and then pay for all your apps like a good sheep, or you can get them all for free, now ... Seems like a no-brainer to me. ;)