Why do my icons keep changing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xanadeath, Jul 2, 2009.

1. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

Example: I downloaded Rolando 2 today and after resetting my phone to get some memory back I noticed the Rolando 2 icon had changed to the 3d roller coaster rush lite icon. Why does this happen and is there a fix or something to where I wouldn't have to completely reset my iPhone. This has happened before when I have downloaded certain apps right off the app store they will show the incorrect icon. Help :-(

thanks

Xanadeath

2. xanadeath thread starter macrumors 6502

xanadeath

It appears to be a 3.0 issue. Have any of you using the 3.1 beta been having this problem?

3. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

Was happening to me too, so I unsynced all apps then resynced and have had no problems since. Running 3.0 on 16gb 3gs.

4. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Yeah, I bought Doom Resurrection and the icon for Pocket God is there.

Rebooted after noticing (actually the game tells you to reset before playing the game. Anyway, first time I've had this problem.

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

This just happened to me tonight with the AIM App (paid version)...I couldn't find it until I did a spotlight search for it and saw it with the X-Plane icon...:confused:
    16g 3GS running 3.0

6. xanadeath thread starter macrumors 6502

xanadeath

There have to be some of you out there with the 3.1 beta who could say if it fixes this problem.... right?

7. themeis macrumors newbie

happens to me all the time i have a jailbroken 3gs - loads of icons have just changed at random even restoring it is not fixing the problem

8. bux macrumors regular

I haven't seen this anymore after upgrading to the 3.1 beta seeds, so I'm fairly sure it's fixed in 3.1. So it's just to wait and see :)