Why do my photos sux?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamonster, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Lamonster macrumors regular

Lamonster

I took some video of a storm we had yesterday and it turned out great but the pics I took were really bad. I never had this problem with my 3gs. Is there a setting somewhere I can change?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

Because you're a crappy photographer?

Keep the phone still during shutter release. Best answer I have for you. Maybe tap to focus on a face in the pic?

3. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

remove the plastic off your lens/quit using digital zoom.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

:D

5. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

If you have a case on the phone, it may be due to that. Search the forums, as there are a couple of threads about some of the clear cases causing photos to wash out. A sharpie can fix that.

6. Lamonster thread starter macrumors regular

Lamonster

That could be but I've taken quite a few pics that never turned out this bad.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/51016821@N08/
    [​IMG]

Well there is no plastic on my lens and I wasn't using the zoom. Got any other ideas? So I guess there is no camera settings, is that right?

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

.....learn how to focus, take a picture when people stop moving their hands, hold the camera steady, keep away from high contrast scenes because you have no control over exposure and get a decent photo editing program (I use Photogene). :)

8. BadMoon macrumors 6502

9. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

also, tap to focus is your friend. Pretty apparent in the 1st pic that the subject is not focused.

2nd pic is clearly due to the iphone software noticing the brighter light source and blowing that out. Again, tapping on the darker foreground wouldve readjusted the phone's white balance.