Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Like many, every morning I google "iOS 5 Untethered Jailbreak" to see if it came out yet. Every day, I notice that a new news website that I have never heard of before re announces fastra1n/Fast iPhone Unlock as if it is legit. What the hell is going on with these people? Are they being paid off by scammers to get sales?

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Why don't people simply visit the dev team site for jb status instead of Googling it? Another great mystery.

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008
Because hits = revenue. "News" sites dont care about the facts, they care only about site traffic.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Most news sites just repost stuff from other news sites without checking their sources or accuracy.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
Why don't people simply visit the dev team site for jb status instead of Googling it? Another great mystery.

+1

Just what we needed another useless thread like this to give the fakes more free press.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I find it funny that I never heard about fastra1n until ts brought it up.

oh wait I know my problem I stay away from bad news sites.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I find it funny that I never heard about fastra1n until ts brought it up.

oh wait I know my problem I stay away from bad news sites.

LOL 100% agreed here, never heard of such a thing and I read a lot of news, chats, forums and news site.

I am not sure which "news" sites the OP is really reading.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
problem is newbs thing jailbreaking is this underground thing were you have to do jump through hoops to find the tool to do it, and we are all waiting for the lucky person to find the tool and share it with the rest of us

but in reality its very mainstream and when a tool does exisit it wont require a thread asking "does this work" it will be easy to find and there will be a million youtube videos of people showing it

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
problem is newbs thing jailbreaking is this underground thing were you have to do jump through hoops to find the tool to do it, and we are all waiting for the lucky person to find the tool and share it with the rest of us

Really???? :confused: :confused:

How hard is to type.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
or
http://greenpois0n.com/

or simple get a rss feed or maybe a twitter client and follow a few "key" people..

I wouldn't really call that "jump through hoops"

Now try to get a hacked Directv Box, or and Apple I on mint condition and still funtional..that would required some jumping...

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Really???? :confused: :confused:

How hard is to type.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
or
http://greenpois0n.com/

or simple get a rss feed or maybe a twitter client and follow a few "key" people..

I wouldn't really call that "jump through hoops"

Now try to get a hacked Directv Box, or and Apple I on mint condition and still funtional..that would required some jumping...

lol whats that got to do with my post, do you read all senteces by picking out key words and making a new sentence

i know how to F-in find a jailbreak, im suggesting why newbs make these kind of threads

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
lol whats that got to do with my post, do you read all senteces by picking out key words and making a new sentence

i know how to F-in find a jailbreak, im suggesting why newbs make these kind of threads
I guess you didn't read it either, I wasn't attacking your post, i just don't think that it is hard at all to find the info, for new or old users, it is really not that hard. the point is that the "news" site the OP seen to be looking are just Hit-ads-hunters. nothing to do with you knowing or not how or where to find a jailbreak. Chill! :D

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I guess you didn't read it either, I wasn't attacking your post, i just don't think that it is hard at all to find the info, for new or old users, it is really not that hard. the point is that the "news" site the OP seen to be looking are just Hit-ads-hunters. nothing to do with you knowing or not how or where to find a jailbreak. Chill! :D

problem is a newb is gonna do a general search in google "jailbreak iphone" and you will get those BS sites and than they come here asking if it works.

IF they understand that once a jailbreak tool does exists it will be so easy to find you barely would need to search at all just come here and there will be tutorials and everything else you need to help you jailbreak

newbs dont know @musclenerd from @josecancesco

i know stickes dont work but if this site made a stiky that say "THE ONLY PLACE YOU NEED TO LOOK FOR THE LATEST JAILBREAK TOOLS" than i think these types of threads would atleast be cut in half

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
problem is a newb is gonna do a general search in google "jailbreak iphone" and you will get those BS sites and than they come here asking if it works.

IF they understand that once a jailbreak tool does exists it will be so easy to find you barely would need to search at all just come here and there will be tutorials and everything else you need to help you jailbreak

newbs dont know @musclenerd from @josecancesco

i know stickes dont work but if this site made a stiky that say "THE ONLY PLACE YOU NEED TO LOOK FOR THE LATEST JAILBREAK TOOLS" than i think these types of threads would atleast be cut in half

whose josecancesco?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.