Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMoore

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2006
Arlington Heights,IL
That's the reader's problem then. Person 1's liking option A and person 2's liking option B are unrelated. If you get upset because someone likes something that you don't like then you are the problem.

Now, on the other hand, if someone busts in and tells you that you chose the wrong thing and don't know what you're doing without any knowledge of your criteria or selection process, that's entirely different.

I agree, I am just stating why I think it happens. Someone preferring Android (or iOS) over another should no effect on how they like their phone.

I guess it the same as having a favorite team. When someone else cheer for another you don't like it. I think Android vs iOS has the same mentality.

Yay my team.
Boo Your team.

:D

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I agree, I am just stating why I think it happens. Someone preferring Android (or iOS) over another should no effect on how they like their phone.

I guess it the same as having a favorite team. When someone else cheer for another you don't like it. I think Android vs iOS has the same mentality.

Yay my team.
Boo Your team.

:D

Good analogy. Not as good as the x men one but good none the less. :)

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
I'm not sure. I thought I was all Android. Then I got my 4 and thought I was all iOS. I bought a Razr and LOVED it. I just like a good phone. I picked up a 4S and will likely trade the 4 for another Razr. It's an EXCELLENT device!!

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
What would happen if you went to a Coca-Cola forum and said you prefer Pepsi?
What would happen if you went to a Windows forum and said Ubuntu is better?
What would happen if you went to a Ford forum and said Toyota rules?

Problem is, this started out as a forum for Mac users. There are a lot of Mac users that couldn't care less about phone OSes. The number of people that have a join date before 2006 that have such a strong hate for Android products is almost 0. Most of the flagrant trolls/haters are recent members.

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
Gingerbread = okay
Honeycomb = garbage
ICS = Awesome

Hate toward Android? Not here. I use just about every OS out there including Windows 8 Metro beta version on my HP. All OS's have their merits and negatives. Even iOS.

By the way, having the ability to add expandable memory is a real plus when it comes to Android devices. Wish Apple would add this ability.

Last edited:

InternetDude08

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
I don't hate Android, but there's no way I would buy one because:
- Cheaper plastic feel of the phones
- There's a latest and greatest new phone out every 2 months
- I don't want to have to root my phone for any reason
- Need to be signed in with Google to use many features
- Google tracks everything you do (big brother)
- No support from Google, excellent support from Apple

With that said, about the only thing I want from a future iPhone is a slightly larger screen. I don't want a phablet in my pocket ;-)

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Sigh. What does this have to do with the iPhone?

I do not hate Android, but I do not prefer it for the following the reasons

• I don't like the look and feel of the Android GUI.
  • I do not trust Google not to invade my privacy. Indeed, they make money only through invading my privacy.
  • The Android ecosystem seems to me to be a little bit like the Wild West.
  • I find iOS to be the best alternative for me. This is not uninformed opinion, for I have been programming and working with IT since the days of punch cards.

What I do loathe is the constant posts in this forum about Android. This forum is entitled 'iPhone', and I expect to see interesting discussions focused on the iPhone here, not some wholly unrelated product. I get that some people here find iPhone/Android comparison threads valuable, but I don't. There has been far too much trolling, spamming, and guerrilla marketing for Android in this forum for my taste.

Thus, I once again call for a separate subforum for discussion about how iOS/iPhone compares to other OS's/phone's. I'm not saying that MR should ban Android threads, but that they deserve their own subforum. I'm posting this request in every Android thread I can be bothered to read.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
On retrospect, you guys are nowhere near as bad as the people on twitter hating on Android users. According to them:

Android users are poor and ugly, and not worth socializing with. Yep.

http://imgur.com/a/L05iY

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
For me, why do people hate Samsung and turn around and buy Apple products? Apple is so dependent on Samsung's technology and speed. You criticize Samsung's build quality but you still make them richer by buying iOS devices because Apple makes them richer by being their #1 customer.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/apple...2012-is-out/

Displays, processors, DRAM, NAND flash chips and similar components are all supplied to Apple from Samsung.

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
ANSWER:

Because Android makes them feel threatened and makes them second guess themselves.

Only a shallow person defines their self in terms of what they choose to consume.

"Look at me, i'm fancy because I have a Louis Vuitton <insert item> and drive an Audi/BMW/Porsche".

Neither your money nor your possessions make you sophisticated. Similarly, an iPhone (or android) doesn't make you hip or tech savvy.

How you choose to spend your time and your knowledge/personality/intelligence is what makes you clever/smart/tasteful/etc.

People around here don't seem to understand that at all.

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
I don't hate Android.

In fact iOS remains unchanged for so many years, I am going to switch to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The versatility and aesthetics of it is amazing to say the least.

Hating on Gingerbread,... reasonable
Hating on fragmentation,... reasonable

Hating on ICS or any of the core top Android Phones out already or this year is just hate out of jealousy.

Galaxy Nexus,HTC One Series and Samsung Galaxy S3

Great cameras, sharp displays, Dual core speed fury and with ICS on top of that.

Wow.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I've got to agree, there should be a subforum for people that use other kinds of mobile devices. There's definitely a place for Mac+Android or Mac+WP7 or Mac+Symbian or Mac+anything else related discussion on this board.

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
people dont hate android, Android people hate the iPhone and their users, I don't know if its because they can't afford the iPhone or they hate the fact that it just works better than an Android plastic piece of **** without rooting/jailbreaking, smaller screens and not so impressive specs

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
I do not hate Android, but I do not prefer it for the following the reasons

• I don't like the look and feel of the Android GUI.
  • I do not trust Google not to invade my privacy. Indeed, they make money only through invading my privacy.
  • The Android ecosystem seems to me to be a little bit like the Wild West.
  • I find iOS to be the best alternative for me. This is not uninformed opinion, for I have been programming and working with IT since the days of punch cards.

What I do loathe is the constant posts in this forum about Android. This forum is entitled 'iPhone', and I expect to see interesting discussions focused on the iPhone here, not some wholly unrelated product. I get that some people here find iPhone/Android comparison threads valuable, but I don't. There has been far too much trolling, spamming, and guerrilla marketing for Android in this forum for my taste.

Thus, I once again call for a separate subforum for discussion about how iOS/iPhone compares to other OS's/phone's. I'm not saying that MR should ban Android threads, but that they deserve their own subforum. I'm posting this request in every Android thread I can be bothered to read.
I'm sorry this thread sounded like a repeat of other threads but I on this forum have seen far to many people diss android but when i ask them have they tried one they say no,what my point of this thread is to make some people open minded.And I whole heatedly agree there needs to be a sub forum for these types of discussions:)

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
people dont hate android, Android people hate the iPhone and their users, I don't know if its because they can't afford the iPhone or they hate the fact that it just works better than an Android plastic piece of **** without rooting/jailbreaking, smaller screens and not so impressive specs

Incorrect on many levels

iPhones are actually very affordable with 3GS free on contract in some areas
Prepaid Android phones have low specs and they are both likely made from cheap plastic, on the other hand companies like HTC and LG uses aluminum backing, and Motorola uses Kevlar backing.(material used in bulletproof vests)

and yes posting expletives most certainly proves that android people hate iPhones :)

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012

And there are some of us that have a lot of Apple products, plus Android, plus Windows, plus WebOS. That makes me an Android person and according to you I'm poor and my Android products are crap. :rolleyes: And by the way, I am in the 24% tax bracket, so I am far from poor (and I don't pay my taxes in Peso's either amigo.)

chugg

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008

This is why Android people hate iPhone users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.