Why do people think it will be "iPhone 4S"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jboy12, May 10, 2011.

1. jboy12 macrumors member

I am just wondering why people thing that the next iPhone will be called the iPhone 4s. I hear people saying that because it will be a minor spec bump it does not deserve to be called the iPhone 5. I just wish these people will realize that the original naming process for the iPhone was originally to put emphasis on the 3g radio it had.

iPhone v1 = Called iPhone when it was released.
    iPhone v2 = Called the iPhone 3G to place emphasis on the fact it had a 3g radio.
    iPhone v3 = Called the 3gs even though it was the 3rd iphone. But with some consumers out there the naming was for the best. I can hear the morons now "Iphone 3 They took somehing out I am not buying it if they took something out"

IPhone v4 = Called the iPhone 4, (I wonder why) It also gave them a very good comparison name to go against the evo 4g, as people started to believe the iPhone 4 had a 4g radio in it. (those who are not tuned into the tech world don't research the stuff and a AT&T salesman can tell them anything.)

iPhone v5 = Well why would they name it anything other. it would be stupid to confuse consumers anymore. (iPhone 4s then a year later the iPhone v6 will be called the iPhone 5)

2. Darwing macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Because they are not changing the design just increasing ram maybe speed and possibly camera like they did with 3gs