Why do people...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronpage28, Oct 31, 2011.

1. ronpage28 macrumors newbie

Why do people try to justify their iPhone purchase. I love my iPhone. It does not make me a mindless drone, and its my personal preference. Android phones are just as good as the iPhone and in some cases better. However I just do not want one. I love my Apple products because I do. Its a choice we all make. It just seems like everyone is using the mine is bigger attitude. One thing to note though is... Only Android fans post on an APPLE site how theirs is bigger and better. Oh well... Pointless post just needed to vent.

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Sounds to me like someone is trying to justify their purchase of an iPhone...

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you visit the Android forums, there are plenty of Apply users who troll. I like both Apple and Android and consider them both to be great but very different devices.

I just refuse to gulp down so much of KoolAid that I can see the advantage of both.

It IS a personal choice for all of us!

4. jona2125 macrumors regular

Lol I love the KoolAid reference. I see that too much from people who are on their millionth gallon from Apple. If anyone has a problem with an Apple product it's instantaneously not Apple's fault but user oriented despite personally seeing it be hardware based but still denied 100% because Apple products are "perfect".

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Are there? I stick to mostly Apple forums, but on the occasions I have checked out Android forums, they seem to be devoid of iPhone users (and, refreshingly, less combative). In the same vein, one doesn't see that many posts about Windows or Linux alternatives to Apple desktops and notebooks in the MR hardware forums. Just sayin'...

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Oh trust me, there are plenty of Apple trolls out there. Just like with any platform, there are those that can't understand that their preference isn't everyone else's preference.

7. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

If you think it's a pointless post, so why did you feel the urge to "vent" it?

I'm doing you and myself a favor now:

I love my Galaxy S2. It's so much better than the iPhone that I had before the Galaxy. The iPhone is a restricted piece of crap in direct comparison - limited in every aspect, slow, and with a dated user interface. The Galaxy S2 is everything the iPhone claims and boasts to be - but isn't. The iPhone just has a nicer case than the S2, that's true. It FEELS more valuable - but it just isn't. The iPhone is last year's technology in a designer suit. The Galaxy is next year's technology camouflaged in plastic and comes at a slightly (around seventy Euros) lower price. And unlike Siri, "SpeakToIt" even has a graphical appearance. My assistant has the look of a female punk. She's cool. She has A FACE. Siri is just a voice with pre-programmed answers, but with A LOT of advertisements around her. Which makes her a typical Apple product: Lots of ads, little substance.

Shall I go on or do you already feel better about your choice of buying an iPhone?

Because, you know, the iPhone IS a good product. For a certain clientele. I am NOT that clientele. I prefer Android, for all the reasons that I've stated above. But your iPhone makes you happy, and I am more happy with my Android. So in the end, we BOTH win. And that's why competition and diversity are great things. They make us customers happy customers. I couldn't care less about the sales statistics of Apple INC, Google INC or Microsoft Corp. I don't own stocks of any of those faceless American enterprises, but this is MY life and MY money. And as long as a few of them compete in the same market segment, we customers benefit. Once there is only once product left, we all have to pay high prices for inferior products.

So let them fight each other. Once the iPhone becomes a better product than the best Android phone on the market, I will switch back to the iPhone. Once a Windows phone beats both the Android and the iOS phones, I'll buy a Windows phone.

I don't care about Microsoft, Apple or Google.

I care about getting the most bang for MY buck.

8. Dnix macrumors 6502

I don't need to justify s*** to anyone. :rolleyes:

I base purchasing decisions on what I truly think are the quality products, and suit my needs. It just happens that Apple comes out on top for a number of things.

Android are very nice phones too.

9. iGeeek macrumors newbie

I had a DROID X for 1 year , and good lord am i happy i upgraded to a 4s ( white 16gb through verizion =D )

android is good to entertain your self with . essentially , if your sitting on your butt with your nose dug into the phone all day lol . Obviously us apple users are more focused and dont need none of that junk android phones give .

10. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

What kind of comment is that? "us apple users are more focused"

Basically your implying Android users are not focused. Hell, I would love everything Android gives and slap it into iOS.

By far the dumbest comment I've ever read in this forum.

11. ronpage28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just curious, how was i justifying my purchase? Also though it was a pointless post I vented out to people on an APPLE website thinking most people would identify. I did not think that people would in any way mistake that post as anything negative about ANDROID. But it is what it is.