Why do some apps bring me back to home screen? like facebook, where, weatherbug?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noisebleed, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You're not a very verbal one, are you? :p

My impression is that whenever the app suddenly kicks you to the home screen, that's just you cue that it crashed. I.E. the answer is that they have bugs in them. ;)

2. noisebleed thread starter macrumors regular

um... o_O that's called crashing? and bugs? i didn't even get to load 'where' once.. they all stopped together...

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Are these 2.0 "official" app store apps, or 1.1.4 Installe.app apps? I don't have experience with 2.0, but yeah, at least with the installer.app apps, that's exactly what it means. It happens to me sometimes with Twinkle and iFlickr.... You might try rebooting your iPhone if you haven't yet... that helps sometimes.

4. noisebleed thread starter macrumors regular

restore doesn't help, these are 2.0 apps... i thought those were the only apps you can get? lol... from the appstore?

anyways.. some do work.. like aurora feint... i don't know why this is happening.

5. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

I have the same problem here... all 2.0 apps just take you back the home screen. Have done a hard reset 2 times and it has not fixed the problem.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If all the apps crash all the time, you may need to consider just reflashing the firmware from iTunes and starting over...

7. noisebleed thread starter macrumors regular

restore, reset... don't work.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.