Why do some idevices get white text on iOS 7, and others black.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MartinAppleGuy, Oct 29, 2013.

1. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

I noticed the iPhone 5S has white text the ought the lock and home screen, but the 5C has black. Does it depend on what colour of phone you have or is it an option in settings?

I plan to buy an iPad Air, and I want it to be white text, as the black looks awful.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

In iOS 7, the OS determines how light/dark your wallpaper is. If it's too light, it changes the text color of your lock/home screen to black. If your wallpaper is not too light, you get white text.

It does not matter at all what device you have, only the color of your wallpaper.

3. MartinAppleGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

That's great news, thank you :)

4. dmystic1 macrumors regular

I'm not sure about the text but I'm pretty sure on the iPhone 5s if you have a black device, the boot screen is black, if you have a white device, it is white with black apple, so there is something in ios that can tell what color device u have.

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yes, that is true.

If you look 2 posts above, I answered the OPs question. The text color is in no way determined by what device you have. Rather, it's automatically decided by iOS based on what color wallpaper you have selected. A very light wallpaper will cause the text to be black, a medium or darker wallpaper will cause the text to be white.

6. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

I have a white iPhone and black boot screen.

7. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Do you have an iPhone 5/5S?

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's only for the iPhone 5 and up. iPhone 4s and below will have black boot screen regardless of iPhone color.