Why do some of you need to justify your purchase by bashing others?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boobie12, Sep 13, 2014.

1. boobie12 macrumors 6502

I keep seeing it here regarding the 6 and 6 plus. Why do you 6 users need to keep saying the 6 plus is to big? It maybe to big for you but not for others. And this is coming from someone who ordered a six. And why do the 6 plus users need to say how much better bartery life they have or a better screen. Why do you need to justify their purchase. Almost every thread has people bashing one or the other. Do some of you not realize everyone's cup of tea is different?

2. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Some people take this stuff a little too seriously...

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Try going to a tech site that's not just Apple users...

The 6 vs 6+ arguing here is nothing compared to the iPhone vs Android fighting. Some people are just very insecure about their phone and need validation, apparently.

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I see this cross-bashing among on Android forums quite frequently ("My Samsung beats your HTC," etc.). It'll be a shame if that starts happening here as well.

5. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I am growing very weary of seeing exactly what the OP mentions. People need to take a chill pill.

[​IMG]

6. boobie12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sadly it has. There both amazing phones. We should be happy we have the choice to choose.

7. Ayr macrumors 6502

Sad isn't it. Both 6 and 6+ are great Apple phones.

I can understand comments from Samsung users poking fun at Apple for having 'dated' specs and all that, but the 6 v 6+ stuff is a new level of childishness.

8. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I don't understand it. I was torn between the two, very similar phones, but ultimately thought the 6 Plus would be too big in my pocket. It's obviously a slightly "better" phone but that doesn't mean I made a wrong or bad choice getting the 6. To each his own. No justification needed really.

9. RossMak macrumors 6502

RossMak

exactly. Both great phones. I personally chose the 6+ as I want the larger screen. A friend of mine chose the 4.7 for the opposite reason. I don't believe for a second that I should be feeling superior for having a larger screen.

Some people just feel the need to justify all their purchases though. It's sad that people feel they have to put others down due to a personal choice.

10. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

The people who couldn't get a 6+ are upset and trying to bash people because of it. They're jealous. Glad I got my 6+ order in :)

11. boobie12 thread starter macrumors 6502

And here's the first one. Maybe people are happy with a smaller phone then the 6 plus? Shocking right?

12. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I cannot tell if you're being facetious or not.

13. MSK5959 macrumors member

14. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I agree. These "your model of the iPhone 6 sucks" threads are silly. They're both great devices. We already get enough Android hater trolls on this board. Let's not start bashing each other for which model we decided to get. Just absurd.

:apple:

15. mantan macrumors 68000

It's human nature. People feel this need to validate their choices and often times do it by connecting with people who made similar choices and being negative about people who made a different choice.

If you look on other forums of these types (golf clubs, watches, cars) etc, you see them same behavior.

16. nosmo.king44 macrumors newbie

This forum is turning into a silly android forum! Good god people! Be happy we have a choice of iphone size!!! I'm sure it's only kids use this forum these days?