Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I'm using the jaku theme and I want to change my wallpaper. Is there any way to do so?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Look within the theme's folder and look for Wallpaper.png. That should be your homescreen wallpaper. You can replace it with whatever wallpaper you like as long as you name it Wallpaper.png.

If it's your lock screen wallpaper you want to change, look for LockBackground.png.

imalazeeass

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
You can also try deleting the Wallpaper.png file and see if that works, I believe that's worked sometimes.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
You could probably do it with ifile if you save the wallpaper to your camera roll then go to your camera roll in ifile and copy your wallpaper. Paste in into your theme's folder where the original Wallpaper.png is and rename it Wallpaper.png, overwriting the original.

----------

You can also try deleting the Wallpaper.png file and see if that works, I believe that's worked sometimes.

That works also with some themes.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
i have a windows computer, i don't know how to locate my .png files from my phone. can some one navigate me?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
i have a windows computer, i don't know how to locate my .png files from my phone. can some one navigate me?

Use ifile on your phone and go to library> themes > your theme and wallpaper.png should be in there.

If you want to do it on your computer you will need to ssh using winscp. If you don't know how to ssh, check out YouTube.

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
Is there any other trick if deleting the wallpaper.png just turns the screen black? Like editing another file? I realize you can ssh a new .png file into it but I'm away from my computer right now.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
If you have iFile you can remove and replace the wallpaper for your theme.

Its simple in iFile goto Var/Stash/Theme/YourTheme/Wallpaper.png

The png file is the one you want to replace with the wallpaper of your choosing.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011

The png file is the one you want to replace with the wallpaper of your choosing.

I found the png but how do I replace it? I chose view in image viewer and then I just deleted.

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, but how do you actually move the .png file you want to that location? It's not like I can drag and drop it as if it were windowsscp.

LoLife

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
Reno, NV
You can copy and Paste it if you are using ifile. Jus locate the image you want to use in ifile, copy it that way you have a backup instead of cutting it, move it to the theme folder and rename it Wallpaper.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.