Why do some websites prevent lion from sleeping automatically?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ijha, Sep 27, 2011.

1. ijha macrumors regular

ijha

Hi, Everyone.
    Sorry for yet another 'Lion won't sleep' thread. But I gotta ask this.

Like everybody else, I also noticed that my 2011 macbook pro does not sleep automatically. Since then, I tried everything to fix the problem. I disabled internet sharing, auto-synching option in the chrome browser...etc. But, I was still having random no-sleep problem.

Today I found out that my laptop does not sleep only when the browser is open with a couple of specific websites. These websites are Twitter and Steep & Cheap.

Can anyone tell me why these websites prevent mine from auto-sleeping? I was kind of glad that I was finally able to locate the problem but I have no idea why the issue has to do with specific websites.

Thank you.

2. ijha thread starter macrumors regular

ijha

Anyone????

I also found out that iTunes with no music playing and Google Cal are blocking auto-sleeping.

3. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

I would suggest contacting AppleCare if you have not already done so.

4. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Never heard of this one. Just back out of those sites?

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Working fine here until I installed Lion server and my sleep screen mode was turn to never for some reason :eek:. So I had to switch it back to 2min.

6. ijha thread starter macrumors regular

ijha

Can it be related? Those sites are constantly updated. For example, Twitter shows unopened twits, Steep and Cheap changes its sale items every 20-30 minutes...etc.

I have no idea. But I can say that with other websites open (for example, forums, espn...etc) mine goes into deep sleep without any problem.