Why do the people with "bent phones" always have Oct 2014 join dates?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KuchiKopi, Oct 22, 2014.

1. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

Has anyone else noticed that? Seems a little suspicious if you ask me

2. varatep macrumors newbie

because they register to complain about the issue. people aren't as likely to register just to post about not having issues... they're out there enjoying their iphone.

3. wermy macrumors regular

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Same reason people tend to leave negative reviews on products than positive ones. When they have a negative experience, they want the world to know it. If it's good, most of the time they stay quiet and enjoy it.

5. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Yep. Which is why it's also looking falsely as if everyone who got an iPhone 6 is having bending issues, dead pixels and other problems... it's rare for anyone to post that everything is fine and working as intended - usually, posting about a product is because there's a problem.

It was similar with the iPhone 4 and Antennagate

6. warnerve macrumors member

7. cymolia macrumors 6502a

8. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

I don't doubt the existence of paid shills (we've seen that Samsung actually does this), but I tend to take an innocent until proven guilty approach. Generally a person's first post on a tech forum is going to be when they have an issue. Up until then they may be content to lurk, or not even care to visit this kind of forum at all.

There have been some reports from long-time users, but not many. Not many reports in general so far really. It just gets more attention when there's a report because... well it should be obvious why; People are concerned about their expensive new devices.

9. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Yes. I've commented previously on the same.

Good work Samsung.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

11. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

12. cdaq macrumors member

Because it's impossible that infallible apple could produce a phone with a design flaw. It's much more likely that reports are coming from shills. :rolleyes:

13. DivergenceZero macrumors newbie

14. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Why do people always whine about people with bent phones???
    If your phone isn't bent it shouldn't make you upset.

15. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

shark-helicopter.jpg

16. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Their god is being insulted and as the gods loyal servants it pains them greatly to see such blasphemy. So it says in the Holy Apple Bible that blasphemers must be ridiculed and insulted, even rejected from a site if they question the greatness of the one true god.

17. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I'll post a bending story for 30 pieces of silver. If any Samsung reps are on here just PM me for my details.

18. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Because, as well know, it's best to go to a 3rd party forum and voice your concerns about a bent iPhone, instead of going straight to Apple first.

19. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Why do people always whine about people who always whine about people with supposed bent phones?

Never ending cycle.

20. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

how come none of these guys have a video of these bent phones with a logical explanation of what happened?

Any photo can be photoshopped easily.

21. its Dale macrumors 6502

they probably google "bent iphone" and it has a link that takes them here.

22. erzhik macrumors 6502

Tinfoil hats. $4.99. Can I sign you up for 5?

23. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

Having a recent join date when venting about an issue is quite normal, I only ever actually joined this forum when I needed to ask a question even though I'd been a lurker for years.

What I do find particularly strange about this is that no one seems to know how their phone bent.

With the exception of the now infamous videos showing purposeful bending, nearly all other bent phones I've read about seem to have no explanation other than "normal use"

Now I'm not suggesting that these folks do actually know, but I find it quite surprising that we're not reading reports of "I walked into a table" "I dropped it" I sat on it" etc etc.

I would think that if these phones are bending just by being put in peoples pockets then they must also be bending when people bash them/sit on them etc
    but I'm not seeing those reports.

I thought that this was maybe because people who know that they've been a klutz and dropped/bashed/sat on their phones just keep quiet, but that doesn't hold water when you see how many people post about dropping their phones and smashing the screens.

24. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Maybe they bumped into a magician bending spoons.

25. sau124 macrumors member