why do we need to calibrate lcd and battery on macbook/pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dchen720, Aug 11, 2008.

1. dchen720 macrumors member

i am a noob.
    someone please tell me why we need to calibrate battery and lcd ?
    and what if i don't? is there any bad results ?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

By calibrating the lcd you are ensuring the colors appear accurately on the screen. For consumers (and not professionals) this isn't really necessary, unless you notice problems in the color.

By calibrating the battery, you ensure that the battery is being charged (and discharged) properly. This is important for the overall health of the battery, and should be completed about once a month. Instructions here.

3. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

Lion batteries don't suffer from memory issues, so this has nothing to do with the health.

As mentioned in the link you posted - "The battery has an internal microprocessor that provides an estimate of the amount of energy in the battery as it charges and discharges. The battery needs to be recalibrated from time to time to keep the onscreen battery time and percent display accurate."

4. Fabiano macrumors regular

Lion battery? wow, never heard before about using cats like some source of energy! lol

just kidding..

but recalibration helps too in the health of the battery, think thats something like your body, you need to make some exercise to keep your muscles healthy, or they may fail with you when you need to move your couch from one place to another! :D

5. Beau10 macrumors 6502a