Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Why do some of you care so much what other people have to say about the iPhone? It's just so weird and surprising how some people take negative comments toward a multi billion dollar company and it's products so personally that they have to go out of their way a vigorously defend it. I could care less if anyone buys or thinks what i own is great or not. I just don't get why, unless they have stock in the company. And if they do have stock, then their opinion needs to be taken with a grain of salt anyway, since they have something to gain by praising and defending said company.

ddoolin

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Why do some of you care so much what other people have to say about the iPhone? It's just so weird and surprising how some people take negative comments toward a multi billion dollar company and it's products so personally that they have to go out of their way a vigorously defend it. I could care less if anyone buys or thinks what i own is great or not. I just don't get why, unless they have stock in the company. And if they do have stock, then their opinion needs to be taken with a grain of salt anyway, since they have something to gain by praising and defending said company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.#Culture

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cult_of_Apple

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Apple#Apple_Users

tripjammer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010

Return you Iphone 4 already! If you are dissatisfied then return it. Or have you not even bought one yet?

Nobody is defending the IP4...there are really about 70 to 80 percent of all the 2.5 million people who own the IP4 not having any issue at all.

How hard is it to believe that?

I don't see any other new phone selling 2.5 million in less than 3 weeks. There are bound to be problems in a percentage of those phone.

clg82

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2010
Southern California

BEST THREAD ALL DAY....and of course the first response is probably by someone that has a working iphone.....Steve Jobs has a lot of cult like followers a lot of which are on here....so if you complain about receiving a phone that is supposed to work like a phone WITHOUT A CASE.....that was advertised to be a phone......people get itchy to defend them....why I have no clue why.....they just need to get a job.....

Sc24evr

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
BEST THREAD ALL DAY....and of course the first response is probably by someone that has a working iphone.....Steve Jobs has a lot of cult like followers a lot of which are on here....so if you complain about receiving a phone that is supposed to work like a phone WITHOUT A CASE.....that was advertised to be a phone......people get itchy to defend them....why I have no clue why.....they just need to get a job.....

is your period key stuck? lol

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

Yeah, that jessica is such a fangirl. :rolleyes:

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State

Well, I care because you can't have a thread about an iphone, even if it has nothign to do with antenna, without someone who is unhappy with the phone trying to threadjack it to being about the antenna. There's a ton of threads already about the antenna. If it's not about the antenna, keep your replies on topic!!!

I care because I'd like to be able ot discuss other things and all you see on this forum is a million threads about the antenna. I even tried to start a thread talking about the gyroscope (cause I'm interested in what people think they will do or if they think it's already been so forgetten we won't see much done with it) and it got no attention cause the forum has been jacked to talk about the antenna only.

Oh, and I do want to see iphone 4 be successful cause I like the phone, and the more popular it is, the more apps will be made for it (and I want to see some apps made specifically for it, mainly I really do want to see some neat gyroscope games and since the other iphones don't have that, if 4 isn't successful, then you won't see much programmed for things that will only work on it). And really, the phone is nothing without the apps.

So, in a small way I do care about the antenna being fixed (or at least Apple handling it better cause they obviously failed in the PR department) so that they totally don't kill the phone.

Plus, I'm annoyed that people expect I should return my phone cause they have problems with theirs. Quit trying to transpose your problems on me. My phone works fine for my needs thankyouverymuch. And I honestly am willing to change how I hold it cause I don't feel that's a huge annoyance to me compared to the many things I really like about the phone. Well that is if the problem was bad enough to have me dropping calls. Which, for me, it's not. In fact I can't always replicate it and I have to try to get it to replicate the "flaw".

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Return you Iphone 4 already! If you are dissatisfied then return it. Or have you not even bought one yet?

Nobody is defending the IP4...there are really about 70 to 80 percent of all the 2.5 million people who own the IP4 not having any issue at all.

How hard is it to believe that?

I don't see any other new phone selling 2.5 million in less than 3 weeks. There are bound to be problems in a percentage of those phone.

Haha, see what I mean, I never even mentioned the iPhone and I get this response. FYI, I have an iPhone since the second day of availability and I'm not returning it. There, feel better, I love my iPhone.

ddoolin

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Well, I care because you can't have a thread about an iphone, even if it has nothign to do with antenna, without someone who is unhappy with the phone trying to threadjack it to being about the antenna. There's a ton of threads already about the antenna. If it's not about the antenna, keep your replies on topic!!!

I care because I'd like to be able ot discuss other things and all you see on this forum is a million threads about the antenna. I even tried to start a thread talking about the gyroscope (cause I'm interested in what people think they will do or if they think it's already been so forgetten we won't see much done with it) and it got no attention cause the forum has been jacked to talk about the antenna only.

Oh, and I do want to see iphone 4 be successful cause I like the phone, and the more popular it is, the more apps will be made for it (and I want to see some apps made specifically for it, mainly I really do want to see some neat gyroscope games and since the other iphones don't have that, if 4 isn't successful, then you won't see much programmed for things that will only work on it). And really, the phone is nothing without the apps.

So, in a small way I do care about the antenna being fixed (or at least Apple handling it better cause they obviously failed in the PR department) so that they totally don't kill the phone.

Plus, I'm annoyed that people expect I should return my phone cause they have problems with theirs. Quit trying to transpose your problems on me. My phone works fine for my needs thankyouverymuch. And I honestly am willing to change how I hold it cause I don't feel that's a huge annoyance to me compared to the many things I really like about the phone.

NONSENSE. You can't have a thread at all.

cwubbels

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2008
I could care less if anyone buys or thinks what i own is great or not.

2zqtzs9.jpg

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010

Plus, I'm annoyed that people expect I should return my phone cause they have problems with theirs. Quit trying to transpose your problems on me. My phone works fine for my needs thankyouverymuch. And I honestly am willing to change how I hold it cause I don't feel that's a huge annoyance to me compared to the many things I really like about the phone. Well that is if the problem was bad enough to have me dropping calls. Which, for me, it's not. In fact I can't always replicate it and I have to try to get it to replicate the "flaw".

Thanks for the well thought out response. Though your not the type of people I'm talking about, your problem seems to be more about people thread jacking good discussions and cluttering up the message board, which I completely agree with you. But that thread jacking happens both ways, so many times threads about the issues with the iPhone are thread jacked by people (see one of the replies to this thread above for an example). Those are the ones I'm curous about. Don't worry, you're on the reasonable side of things. :) though I would think there is enough of an install base to where you wouldn't need to worry about apps, but you make sense with wanting gyroscope utilized more.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I really dont care what others say or think of the company or device. Im happy with it. Thats all thats important to me. I'm not some Apple leghumper. Bash the device and company all you want.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Very worthy topic for a discussion thread.

Although it is probably off topic in the iPHONE forum.

Perhaps discussion of people's hurt feelings would be better Here

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I come here to read views and get news, but I detest the whole "fanboy" culture. By that I mean those blinded by a love for a company AND the sad losers who come on a forum and goad these people into responses and use the term "fanboy" like it's going out of fashion.

As I have said in what feels like a hundred times on here, it's amusing that the "haters" cone across as bemused that people defend Apple on, wait for it, an Apple centric forum.

If you go onto an Xbox 360 forum you're going to find mainly positive posts about the Xbox 360. The same goes for PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, car manufacturers, sports teams, and ANY product that is in a market with conpetition.

The people who throw around the term "fanboy" are just as pathetic, if not MORE, than the very fanboys they proclaim to hate. Haters who flood a forum are nothing more than a parody of that which they claim to be against.

Haters and "fanboys" ... two sides of the same coin, but at least the "fanboys" are posting on a forum dedicated to what they love. The haters are so obsessed that they go out their way to find a forum and then start their crap.

TruckdriverSean

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2009
Texas, US
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

People like to argue about gear, especially from a top rated company.

That's the way it has always been.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.