Why do you like your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Yumunum, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

You heard me, why do you like your iPad? What do you do with it that makes it useful to you? Traveling? Browsing around the house? Ect?

And another question... Why do you use it over your iPhone? Be specific. For example, I use it because I can use the full MacRumors site instead of Tapatalk, and I browse these forums a lot. So it's pretty nice.

I'm interested too see what apps you use, your uses, where you use it, ect. It might inspire others to find new things to do with our iPads.

2. coolhands macrumors regular

I like it for many things. Laying in bed surfing the web, playing games on a nice big screen, awesome for watching movies... the list goes on, but I love my iPad.

3. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I made a big list on my blog months ago, so I'm just going to link to that: http://heyheyipadblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/ipad-mommy-bff.html

Since then, I've also gotten my photo sharing/printing process to go all-iPad, so add that to the list. Basically, the iPad is now my primary computer for anything not work-related, and I'm just about surgically attached to it.

I don't have an iPhone, just a dumb phone that I use only for calls. I even use the iPad for texting with TextFree.

4. matt90036 macrumors regular

I don't really like apple but iPad is really solid product for several reasons:
    - impacable built quality
    - high quality apps, and I reall mean it, professional apps that you can't find n android or any other platform
    - simple apps that do designed tasks much faster than on a computer
    - much more handy to pop up an iPad than open up a laptop
    - i can expect at least 2 to 3 year suppor for my iPad, unlike an android tablet which will be really lucky to get one update and that's many months after google releases it
    - no preloaed spam apps
    - solid half a day battery
    - iAnnotate
    I can go on much longer but you get my point.

5. omegaphil6 macrumors 6502

6. dreamsburnred macrumors newbie

Easy.

I don't have any anoying malware warnings, virus' etc. I can play my moves and games on my iPad 2. (cut the rope, real racing, and wheres my water are fun).

It's light, and fast...and it just works.

7. tips macrumors member

Its window to the world with no hazzle like others.

8. penfan82 macrumors regular

Reading browsing music guitar chords games tv netflixs I'm in love with the little gadget

9. Angler macrumors regular

It's versatility. Didn't think I needed one since I have an iPhone and air. Boy was I wrong. It's my go to device.

10. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

It's really become my laptop replacement. I don't need one now since I have the iPad and will soon to be getting an iMac. I love that it's so dang portable and versatile and easy to type on for class notes. I've written full papers on the thing using Pages, which has become even better now with the advent of iCloud because now it syncs directly to my iPhone and computer.

Also, I have so many books, movies, songs, and apps that I can literally sit down for it's incredible ten hour battery life and never be bored with it. I love my iPad. :]

11. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Reading
    Music
    Movies
    Web Browsing
    Twitter

of the above the only thing I do more of on my iPhone is listen to music as I have Pandora on the iPhone, yes I have it on my iPad but work blocks access to Pandora...

12. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Because it's legen... wait for it...

----------

...dary.

13. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Because it got my reading habit, which i lost for a decade, back again. Books. Magazines. Web. Everything is just super. :p

14. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I love the iPad for making it easy to use to read news, sports, play games, entertain/teach my son (Elmo ABCs), use as a recipe finder, look at and edit photos, check the web, read magazines & books, and more.

This can be done on a laptop for sure but we've only pulled the laptop out 1-2 times since we got the iPad. And most could be done via iPhone but the screen real estate is much better on the iPad.

The iPad is a great laptop replacement…only thing we can do on the laptop and not the iPad is create a book or something through shutter fly/snapfish type sites. I REALLY wish there was an App for That or just a non-Flash version of those sites…come on.

15. Shearwater macrumors regular

Shearwater

Because....

....I don't need anything else! On top of that....it looks good...feels good...

.....and it's just genius!

16. buck2520 macrumors newbie

Well, really not in love with the thing. Nice device but hard to call it a replacement for my real computer. No file management system is a real bummer for me, and no real way to use USB except with kit and then only for media. Will never take the place of a real computer but I sure like the look and feel of it. Seems well made, I'll give them that. If I had it to do over again, I would probably get something else (non-apple).

17. davedvdy macrumors regular

+1 other Positive comments

I love how I don't have to worry about heat issues or noisy fans after extended use.

18. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

19. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Given that both of those problems can be solved with iFile, perhaps you should consider jail breaking once it's available for iOS 5.

20. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

This is really similar to the topic a few weeks ago about your favorite things about the iPad, but I would have to say the reason I like the iPAd overall is because it is so well designed and built. You can tell just be holding it that a lot more work went into creating the iPad then practically anything on the market, and it really does "just work".

21. buck2520 macrumors newbie

If you have to jailbreak the device to make it work for you it kind of defeats the purpose. I will never jailbreak any device.

22. elizacat macrumors newbie

This, like you I haven't read a book for years and I used to read a lot since having my iPad now for 8 days I've read Steve's biography and am half way through my next book! Also am reading the paper every day.

23. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I use it for web browsing and reading (both around the house). I have found that I really like some of the newsstand magazines as well. I like others have found that I read a lot more now as a result of having the iPad I'm more interested in reading on it than I am watching tv.

I love my iPhone on the go, but the iPad is a much more comfortable experience at home with the larger screen.

24. bosco2012 macrumors member

i also like to see the Movies on my iPad, it's so enjoyable...