Why do you love your MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VoltronBomb, Feb 10, 2012.

1. VoltronBomb macrumors newbie

:apple:

Tell me, why do you love your Mac Book Pro? What makes it awesome? Why is it better than all other laptops?

2. marc11 macrumors 68000

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I don't love it. I think it is a decent piece of hardware.
    The most surprising thing was the Touchpad with BetterTouchTool and OSX.
    It is not the best notebook around but it fit my requirements best.
    I wanted a good screen, no smaller than 15" and mobile with good battery life (yet still good enough in gaming for the occasional lan). Especially the decent screen quality requirements limits you to just a handful of choices.

There is still stuff that bugs me.
    Apple useless an ridiculous automatic graphics switching. Why cannot they just get a Nvidia Optimus or AMD Dynamic Switching driver if they so clearly fail at making their own solution.
    The edge at the front is unergonomic. If they would bend the top of the lid a bit forward and smooth over that edge, it would still have a perfect finish that they value so highly but it would offer better ergnomoics.
    I will never understand why there isn't any eSATA combo port in my 2010. The whole Displayadapter situation is annoying although it is not too bad. I wouldn't buy a 2011 and wait for 2012 if I wanted one now because buying a notebook without any decent plug for harddrives is just ridiculous. FW800 is expensive and still too slow. Thunderbolt is nice for docking stations but way too expensive for everything else and no substitute.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sorry, but I don't love it.

Its a tool that allows me to get my work done. Its a great machine, well made, fabulously designed but I don't love it because there's a fruit logo on it or anything like that

5. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

The unibody construction has intrigued me from the beginning.

I like the fact that I can run both OSX and Win7 on it.

Other than that, it really doesn't do much that other laptops can't do.

Still, the sleeping/waking, networking, and trackpad all work better than the last HP/Wintel laptop I had.

6. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

I love it. I had a late 2011 Vaio before I bought my new MacBook Pro and it is leaps and bounds better and led me to transition everything to Mac. I replaced my desktop to an iMac actually started to use my iPad since everything syncs so flawlessly and yesterday bought a MBA all because of my MBP purchase. I love the way its designed its easy user interface and just the feel of it as a whole. Overall I am very happy.

7. gpat macrumors 6502a

For its build quality and materials (nothing, not even a Thinkpad, feels this sturdy and dependable to me), its screen, keyboard, and awesome trackpad with the seamless Lion gestures.

8. MrBullet macrumors member

Very aesthetically pleasing (looks sexy), fantastic build quality and OSX is, as Apple say, the world's most advanced operating system and they certainly aren't lying.

In terms of spec, there is nothing special as you can buy other laptops with the same power.

Don't have any dislikes. Obviously it isn't perfect but nothing is. If you are new to Mac you might find it complicated if you are used to Windows.

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

10. camardelle macrumors 6502

I love mine! I've never been a laptop kind of guy but my MBP changed that. I'm really enjoying my MBP.

11. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I just like it!

12. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Never been a laptop guy, but the mbp has me convinced, beautiful design, no other laptops compare to it , the keys are amazing to use. My only wish would be a upgraded spec!

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I like because it works for what I do.

I don't like it over other laptops. I love my Thinkpad; the Thinkpad lasts forever and never breaks.

14. SpazzyMac macrumors regular

SpazzyMac

The Screen

The Screen! I love the Screen! :D

the edges annoyed me very much at the start, but "learned how to use the product correctly" :p

the only real problem is that if the unibody bends, it bends :eek:

15. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Love? You should love people, not objects.

It's just a stupid machine. You tell it what to do.

16. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I like my neighbor's toughbook. That's serious machinery right there.

17. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

18. electroninja macrumors newbie

I work for a reseller, and everyone who brings their mac in starts by saying 'I love my Mac', I've never heard that from a PC user :)

19. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Every notebook I have purchased dating back to 2005 has been some sort of Mac (iBook, PowerBook, MacBook, MacBook Pro). I guess you could say I am a lover of Apple's notebook line... :D

20. mac jones macrumors 68040

Geesh, a lot of cool comments. "I don't love it". "I just like it...not love"

I change them too much to develop a long term relationship. I'm fickle.
    Perhaps this isn't good? :D

21. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

Or... we could just own up to the fact that different people use the word "love" in a lot of different ways. :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love

22. Lanarae macrumors member

I love my MacBook Pro, Genius Bar, One to One and the Apple Store. No way will I ever go back to a pc.:D

23. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sometimes late at night my MacBook Pro does things to me most could only dream about.

24. Nychot macrumors 6502a

whats to love? I got mine cheap new open box $800 at bestbuy because i needed a compatible non desk bound apple to go with my imacs and mini. I have covered with an orange plastic case. Its a 13 inch i5 with lion and its quick and does the job. I think the keyboard with backlight is great nice and tactile and the trackpad is very good. Ive had lots of laptops anf this rates high. I also have a 15 inch hp and an asus netbook and we have 2 ipad2 and will go for the ipad3.