Why do YouTube videos load do slow??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arcadia310, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Arcadia310 macrumors regular

Why do YouTube videos on the 4S load so darn slow? It's really annoying. I'm on wifi and it takes like 10 minutes for a 2 minute video to buffer. I have to pause every 15 seconds so it can continue loading. On my Android phone I can watch all the way through in HD without ever having to pause for buffering. I have this same problem on my iPad 2.

2. GraceMolloy macrumors regular

GraceMolloy

Youtube does this to me at random no matter what OS I'm on. Can be some low grade video and it just WILL NOT LOAD *BANG HEAD*

Then the next thing I try to watch loads super fast.

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Yep I find this problem on iOS devices. On my Galaxy S2 YouTube videos load instantly (wifi), and that's in HQ!

4. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

I have never had this problem, but I have only watched 5 or so videos on my 4S.

5. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I have had this problem on all my iOS devices. Even Apple TV.

6. efyou macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I watch a lot of YouTube videos on my phone and previous iPhone. And I don't really have many problems at all. I actually have better luck watching on my phone then on my computer at home. Videos pretty much play about a second after I click on them and then they have no problems all the way through.

7. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

8. Savor Suspended

Savor

I have been getting this problem alot with all phones. My Nexus One couldn't play a video all the way even if it was only two minutes long. It would lose sync with the sound and just stop with error. It was riddled with other problems with video playback, low internal storage, and unresponsive touchscreen, so I sold it. But then last night, I did a video speed test on my iPhones and both the first and fourth gen ran slow. Usually the mobile site is faster than the YouTube app, but my 4 still ran slow as the 2G on Wi-Fi. I was checking out the 2007 iPhone keynote on my first gen and just for me to avoid watching it buffer, I had to say hello to 240p all over again.

9. Mr.Ooblahblah macrumors newbie

It is very easy to fix this problem. Well not really fix but avoid. I had this with my ipad 2. All you have to do is use the desktop version of youtube. Its awesome because you can be updated with new vids, you can change the resolution. Go to youtube on safari and change the resolution to what ever it is so you dont have to keep stopping. Mine is 360. The problem is that the ipad always plays in 720 or 1080p. By changing this, you can watch a whole video without stopping. Yes the the resolution will be a little bad but it's better than to keep stopping.:)

10. mattraehl macrumors 6502

I have a 20 Mbps internet connection and YouTube is frequently slow for me reguardless of device or OS. PC, tablet, phone, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, you name it. It's a crappy site.