Why does Aperture insist on being do difficult?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by whodareswins, Oct 6, 2011.

1. whodareswins macrumors regular

All I would like to do is make a duplicate of a photo and put it into another project. Why does aperture 3 move both photos?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. emorydunn macrumors 6502

emorydunn

Because, by default, when you create a new virtual copy Aperture stacks the photos together. You can manually unstack them. You can also turn off this option in the preferences: simply un-tick "Automatically stack new versions" in the General preferences.

3. whodareswins thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice. However, this option is already unticked....

4. edwins macrumors newbie

I think the photo can live in only one "project" but it can appear in any number of albums - including albums listed under another project. So, one thing you can do is create an album in the project you want to have the duplicate and drag the photo into that. (Other than that, I suppose you you export a copy of the photo and re-import it into the project where you want it.)

5. carlgo macrumors 68000

Aperture is not simple. I like the tools and find it easy to manipulate photos, but the whole thing about importing and moving photos around is not easy to understand and there are a lot of choices and optional ways of doing things.

Often I long for a simple drag and drop way to simply move a photo from here to there.