Why does Apple hate me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbpnewbie, Sep 27, 2010.

1. mbpnewbie macrumors regular

Hello everyone... Does apple make ****** computers? or am I just unlucky? I bought a unibody when they first came out, only to have it die after about a year and a half life... So I buy an antiglare i5 mbp... Now this POS is making a buzzing sound like the fan is hitting something and it's vibrating like crazy. Apple can't get me an appointment till next week, and then they say if something is wrong with it, it'll take 7-10 BUSINESS days.. I'm leaving in like 7 days.... why the hell did this useless piece of crap have to fail on me after about 6 months of light use? ******* you Apple, ******* You!
    Sorry, just had to vent

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

You bought a machine, and all machines eventually fail. Apple doesnt hate you, in fact they are standing behind their warranty and offering to repair your machine. This is a service, and they have a lot of warranty work to do, you're not the only one on the planet with a computer that needs fixing. No need to throw a tantrum over it.

4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

I am sorry to hear about your mis fortune, i have had apple computers for years and never had an issue, so sounds like you just got 2x faulty machines, if you go in and they send you back out then apple hates you >_< they should look after you.

5. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

The search button will get the same response.

Call Apple Care and arrange for an overnight box, call shipper and have them pick up box and turnaround time should be 3-5 days.

6. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Sorry the world hasn't invented a teleporter yet to transport your package thousands of miles instantly...It takes time to move packages, sort them at facilities and get them to destinations, AND yours wont be the only package and it wont have some high priority over another package. And yes you can overnight and you will pay for it unless Apple agrees, and yes the price is justified to the shipping company considering the extra work they have to do to make sure your package gets there next day.

Get over it, be happy they are fixing it.

7. 7031 macrumors 6502

My MacBook Pro died after 18 months so I replaced it with a PC. People suggested small claims courts but I honestly doubt I would have gotten anywhere.

I still have an iMac though, and it is a great machine, just the quality in Apple's laptops seems to be lacking based on what I and my friends have found. Like sure, laptops don't last as long as desktops, but 18 months for a $3000 laptop is unacceptable. The repair company seemed pretty sure I was just unlucky though.

Good luck on getting your laptop fixed though. To be honest with you, I doubt you'd get a faster repair time from any other company.

Simply put, if you are having serious problems with Apple, vote with your wallet and don't buy. It's simple as that.

8. puma1552 macrumors 601

You have a point, but that's why AppleCare is essential for MBPs. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't be getting a new machine this week.

9. deeesea macrumors 6502

What you're saying is that "apple makes machines that don't last more than 12 months, and it's essential that you spend 349.99 to get the extended warranty or else you'll have thrown 2 grand down the drain after about a year".

That's some serious Quality Control issues apple's got on their part then :(

When i spend two grand on a laptop, i expect at least 2 years worth of use from it, hell when i spend any amount on a laptop I expect 2 years worth of use from it. Yes, things do go wrong from time to time, but to find an extended warranty as essential is just absurd. Use a credit card that doubles warranty for free, you'll get minimum of 2 years worth of warranty and by then anything else that goes wrong, you can just scrap the device and get a new laptop.

10. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

get Apple Care
    Many people never have problems and love their portable Mac, the MBA sells over a million a year by itself, even if only 0.01% have problems well that is still a lot of people who will complain. Why would you take that risk?

11. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

These expensive laptops are not manufactured by Apple in Cupertino. They are made someplace -we don't know where do we?- in China. Foxconn also makes Dell and HP laptops. Really, how can Apple laptops be made better than HP and Dell if Foxconn is making them?
    --

12. deeesea macrumors 6502

A million a year and 0.01% have problems? I think i would take that risk, That's such a tiny percentage.

Look to each their own, if you can justify it, then that's good, if ***** goes down on my mbp, I can diagnose the hardware problem and fix it myself. A logic board off ebay is roughly 500 bucks, so it's close to the same cost, and I personally enjoy fixing things and tinkering around.

and the chances are even smaller that this happens twice on the same machine.

Look these extended warranties exist because companies (like bestbuy) make boatloads of money off them (having been a former bestbuy employee I know first hand, we make around 2 bucks per laptop (and none for apple computers) and the bulk of our profit comes from these service plans (applecare) and accessories). These service plans have been calculated by the companies, it must be so dirt cheap to offer these services, and they can sell it at a high price to offer "peace of mind". They can operate these plans because the turnout far outweighs the number of laptops that don't go wrong.

In anycase, I've got a 10 year old TV that still works perfect, my macbook never brokedown and my macbook pro is running fine as well. My iphone 3g 3gs and 4 never showed any issues and neither did my ipod classic/video/nano/touch. My nexus one, touch diamond 2, N95, N82, and Milestone never had any issues either.

Only thing that's ever broken down on my was a samsung SGH D900i, but that was within 2 months of use and was remedied by me just buying a new housing online and fixing it up.

I suppose I've been lucky enough to never have any tech headaches that has warranted me to feel the need to purchase the extended warranty. and of course, YRMV

13. Hankcah macrumors regular

Sometimes people aren't meant to have nice things, since they don't know how to take care of stuff. It's like the kid in grade school with the boogers coming out of his nose 24/7, and he wonders why his notebook is not as nice as yours.

14. ninjaslim macrumors member

Pfft...this is routine stuff, I don't understand why you're having a cow. Apple has outstanding warranty and service; they'll fix it for you. I'll give you my experience. I had a PowerBook 12" out of warranty that Apple just replaced with a brand new MacBook (at that time) because it was just plain dead. That's what I call awesome service.

15. chedda macrumors 6502

Slim Powerfull Laptop=Problems

Not a big fan of laptops by design they don't last long. My vintage G5 keeps chugging along though.