Why does Apple keep ignoring this?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by cababah, Oct 5, 2012.

1. cababah macrumors 68000

I have noticed this quirk since the 3GS era and it has always annoyed me how Apple has not fixed it:

Go to text messages in landscape orientation and choose to insert a picture. Notice how the photo album app comes in portrait view so you now have to tilt your phone to select the image. Why didn't they fix this yet?

You can view photo albums in landscape view just fine but why when inserting from the text message app in landscape does it default to portrait? I know it sounds like splitting hairs but just something I noticed that makes the iOS experience less fluid.

Please get to this Apple, it is such a simple fix and the issue has been there for years now....thanks.

Edit: The same issue exists when you try to insert an image into an email message when viewing in landscape orientation.

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

99% of the time I have the orientation lock on , so I never noticed this. Interesting that it has been this way since the 3GS era.
    Have you given them feedback ?

3. cababah thread starter macrumors 68000

Actually, I did over a year ago. Guess I could do it again.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

It can't hurt. I just did after that last post I made.

5. cababah thread starter macrumors 68000

I did too. With iOS being so much more "mature" these days, these sort of inconsistencies should have been ironed out by this point.

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

While I agree, Apple doesn't.

Kind of like Apple maps where they are encouraging us to give of our time.

Funny how it goes, neither BMW or Mercedes ask for my time to help them get the product fixed, after I've handed them a handsome bundle of cash for each new car.

Apple... "Magical & Revolutionary" comes in a kit! DIY. ha..ha..ha... :eek: