Why does Apple make it a long winded to view your subscriptions?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by shenfrey, May 23, 2019.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Apple tend to be fairly good at pointing us in the right direction, and often things are no more then a couple of clicks away, yet to view your subscriptions it's the opposite.

Settings > Account Profile > iTunes & Apple Store > Apple ID > Subscriptions.

A 5 step process!!

Now for the likes of me and you, we're fairly adept at using iPhones, but I have had a few people ask me recently how on earth do they cancel their subscriptions, and when I show them they tell me they probably would have never figured that out.

Can Apple not streamline this process for everyday users? Can we not place this under its own section in settings, instead of hiding it 5 layers deep?

Just a thought.

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

I mean, yes. Why they design this subscription management process a such convoluted process?
    My own guess would be to benefit a bit more on developers over customers.
    Another thing, though unrelated, is no matter how hard I try, I need four steps in total to start marking up an image, involving tapping around.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It's faster to get to them via the App Store by clicking your photo at the top right and then Manage Subscriptions, but yeah, they need to make them more noticeable to people. Too bad 3D Touch never took off because it'd make a nice shortcut there.

4. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Force touch App Store icon, subscriptions, login, and bam, subscription management. :)

5. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

Knowing Apple, they probably hope people forget about them and forget to cancel them. Boom, easy money.
    --- Post Merged, May 23, 2019 ---
    Hmm, seems to be missing for me. Maybe they removed it in a recent update?

Unless the Purchased tab has them.
    F2320ECA-7020-41AE-A632-3744A91D3EDD.png

6. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

The purchase tab does not have them. But one level up, there is a “manage subscription”.
    Sadly, for all iPads and certain iPhones it still require a few more taps to find it.

7. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

Guess my iPhone 7 requires those few more taps. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

Screen shots bother me. One can’t simply take a screen shot anymore without getting into the markup features. Most of the time I just want to document or remember something.

9. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Just swipe left when image is in the bottom left corner, then you can dismiss it without doing markup.

10. Expobill Suspended

Expobill

to cancel my hbo and financial source i had to sign in 5 times in 3 different applications, itunes, isomething,imeanME and some other controlling thing, which was very worth leaving the ship of aggravation!

11. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Clicking on our profile picture and manage subscriptions is a much easier task, and I did not this!

So thanks for sharing :)