Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Everything they done this year has been a disaster in every way.
Including iPhone 6/6S problems and Macs becoming ProLess devices and giving pennies for Christmas bonuses. I love Apple but we must stop defending them. They clearly are a mess right now. Tim HAS to go.
They don't value US....

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Including iPhone 6/6S problems and Macs becoming ProLess devices and giving pennies for Christmas bonuses. I love Apple but we must stop defending them. They clearly are a mess right now. Tim HAS to go.
They don't value US....
Wow…you're so right!

I'm going to just take my launch weekend, perfectly functioning 6s+ 128GB with zero battery issues and just toss it in the street. 'Cause Apple doesn't care about me!

Maybe I'll dropkick my perfectly functioning iPad Air 2 into the street as well!

And that time Apple gave me a brand new phone for the price of my cracked screen!? What BS. And, and when they replaced my iPhone 5's battery outside of warranty for free! What a crock! Down with Apple!

Yeah, Tim's gotta go!

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Wow…you're so right!

I'm going to just take my launch weekend, perfectly functioning 6s+ 128GB with zero battery issues and just toss it in the street. 'Cause Apple doesn't care about me!

Maybe I'll dropkick my perfectly functioning iPad Air 2 into the street as well!

And that time Apple gave me a brand new phone for the price of my cracked screen!? What BS. And, and when they replaced my iPhone 5's battery outside of warranty for free! What a crock! Down with Apple!

Yeah, Tim's gotta go!

Agreed. I guess my no-issues 7 Plus will have to go in the garbage as well. :D

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
I've got no problem with Apple. I use a device get my work done or entertainment then call it a day.
As far "Pro Less"Macs. I've been recording mixing and mastering music for commercial consumption on a 2007 iMac since 2007 before that a Mac Mini before that a original MBP 17in before that a G4 PowerBook before that a Mac 9600.
Pro is what ya make it.
I know musicians that have done commercial music on a iPad Air a iPhone 5.

Didn't they do a episode of Modern Family a few years back shot on iPhones 6's and iPad Air 2's ? None of those devices have a Pro designation.
The film Tangerine was shot on a iPhone 5S.
Users go on and on about Apple's lack of innovation. Maybe it's the users that need to innovate their use of the products available.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
and giving pennies for Christmas bonuses.
The last year I worked at an Apple Store, the holiday gift was a small fleece roll-up blanket. It was like 4ft tall. I'm 6ft3. This was when Jobs was still healthy.

The gifts vary by year.

Speaks of valuing store employees, the store I worked at brought in catering for us on the holiday weekends, because the mall was so crowded that we would end up spending our entire breaks waiting in the food court lines otherwise.

And when the break area became too crowded because of the number of people working during the holidays, they temporarily rented another space we could use for breaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3lionsbecks

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Well, I'll say my wife walked were out of town and walked-in to the new San Fran store to have them check out her 6S Plus ear speaker. They asked if we could leave the phone, we went walking around, came back in about 2 hours and they had completely replaced the screen/speaker for thing.

My stepson just took in his 6 Plus, no AppleCare phone in, it had been dropped, camera messed up, something else... they completely replaced the phone at no cost.

I had a BT keyboard go bad once, walked in and they gave me a brand new off the shelf keyboard.

So to say I disagree with the OP on this topic, is probably true. I have had more issues than listed and I've never gotten the feeling my problem was not important.

I'm not sorry but I'll defend any company that takes care of me until --- they stop taking care of me and so far they are doing a good job of it.
Mainly, I know what Apple offers. It falls into what I need and use, so that is what I purchase.
If I need something else, I would purchase something else.

tubeexperience

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2016
Well, I'll say my wife walked were out of town and walked-in to the new San Fran store to have them check out her 6S Plus ear speaker. They asked if we could leave the phone, we went walking around, came back in about 2 hours and they had completely replaced the screen/speaker for thing.

My stepson just took in his 6 Plus, no AppleCare phone in, it had been dropped, camera messed up, something else... they completely replaced the phone at no cost.

I had a BT keyboard go bad once, walked in and they gave me a brand new off the shelf keyboard.

So to say I disagree with the OP on this topic, is probably true. I have had more issues than listed and I've never gotten the feeling my problem was not important.

I'm not sorry but I'll defend any company that takes care of me until --- they stop taking care of me and so far they are doing a good job of it.
Mainly, I know what Apple offers. It falls into what I need and use, so that is what I purchase.
If I need something else, I would purchase something else.

When is Apple going to fix the Touch Disease?

Reactions: ceva321

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
Jobs wanted the give the best user experience while making money.

Cook is all about making money.
Lol ok. Jobs only wanted profit. He said that stuff to build an image. He knew that to sell their products at their high prices, it had to be good. Hence, his reputation. Now, though, Apple hasn't increased prices too much relative to market. They profit from quantity as well as quality, when prior it was pure quality.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
When is Apple going to fix the Touch Disease?
I have zero experience with that so I'm definitely not the person to answer.
We literally have 3 of every iPhone each year and I've never had that issue.

I'm probably one of the worst on the phone out of our 3, I keep it in my back pocket, sit on it while driving, sit on it at my desk chair. Never experienced a bendy phone or one with a disease but the first thing I'd do is take it to the store like I normally do and see what happens.

At the moment, I currently own around 50 products right now. And I am not unhappy with how they handle an issue when I make an appointment....Yet.

nnoble

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2011
Wow…you're so right!

Yeah, Tim's gotta go!
Now I come to think of it, what was Apple up to when they swapped my iPhone with a new boxed one because they were just too busy in Covent Garden London and they knew I was flying out to China two days later. I think I should go back and complain.

Reactions: eyoungren

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My iPhone SE has been great, my wife loves her 7. People have complained about the macs, but there's a huge group that is continuing to buy them. How are you making the leap from products selling very well to Apple not caring about its customers or employees?

Dr. Freeman

macrumors member
May 1, 2012
Cook is gonna do some of his world class accounting to hide away the market losses and overall potential profit loss. All of this in order to not get ousted anytime soon. I wonder for how long he can keep getting away with it.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
They don't value US....

This is so slanted a post that it defies comment.

Nuff said.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
They don't value US....
Giving pennies for bonuses?

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Generally, when I got to the store I get great service (replacements, exchanges etc). However, this month has been an absolute cluster with iPhones and my existing SIM card which was broken by the rep in the install - compounded by the fact that none of the employees apologized for their actions. 6 hours spent in that store to simply get a phone that worked as advertised. I had to fight for that because the senior reps did not want to fix the problems their peers initiated.

Come Tuesday morning (after refund check clears), Cook will be hearing from me about this mess.

I personally have seen a huge decline in product and customer service in the past three years, but my experiences since this September have absolutely stunk on ice.

This current customer is always wrong mindset is a real drag.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceva321

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Now I come to think of it, what was Apple up to when they swapped my iPhone with a new boxed one because they were just too busy in Covent Garden London and they knew I was flying out to China two days later. I think I should go back and complain.
Absolutely! They treated you very shabbily! ;)

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
They don't value US....
Could you please elaborate on "the 6/6s problems"? I own both of those phones and have not noticed any problems other than iOS 10 bricking my 6s, which was a company-side issue not a client issue.

"Pennies for Christmas bonuses." A "bonus" is defined as that which is given or paid over and above that which is due. A bonus should not be relied upon, especially if we are not members of the group that receives said bonus.

I don't believe in brand loyalty, rather I believe in choosing the right tool for the job. I have not seen anything that would give me cause for concern of my iPhones, iPods, iPads or Mac mini.

"They clearly are a mess right now. Tim HAS to go. They don't value US." These appear to be opinions brought about by the need to avenge a perceived injustice.

Do you have any real facts to backup your statements?

Last edited:
Reactions: nnoble

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Jobs wanted the give the best user experience while making money.

Sure, as long as it garnered maximum profit. Don't kid yourself. :)
[doublepost=1482005610][/doublepost]
The goal of business is to provide a service; profit comes from selling the service. Not every business sells a service hoping to make a profit, that is why 503(c) charities exist.

Apple isn't a 503(c).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.