Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bootz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
I finally pulled the trigger to upgrade to MBP M1 Pro 14 from a mid-2015 MBP iGPU. Hit or exceeded my expectations on almost everything except iMovie. Not upset, rather just jaw dropping over the fact that iMovie on the iPhone 12 mini is more powerful than iMovie on M1 Pro.

I just *assumed* it would support 4k60 HDR export based on decoding/encoding power of the M1 Pro. Is this just a money grab to get anyone and everyone to buy Final Cut Pro? I would 100% use the iPadOS version of iMovie on this laptop if I could LOL.

bootz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Just works

I just discovered that Quicktime on macOS does what I need. You can trim, split, merge, and re-arrange clips all without compromising the original resolution and color space. Kind of crazy...

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2021
I just discovered that Quicktime on macOS does what I need. You can trim, split, merge, and re-arrange clips all without compromising the original resolution and color space. Kind of crazy...
wait , you edit your videos in quicktime? is it unintuitive compared to imovie ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.