Why does Apple STILL put Videos/Photos into ONE app icon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by map1978, Jul 22, 2010.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

It would be nice to see a "video" icon like the iPod Touch has

Do we really gotta go into "photos" app and have videos bunched up in the clogged up gallery?

It's 4.0 already, I really hope this feature can happen soon!

Wouldn't it be nice to have them separated, especially with HD video recording capabilities these days?

2. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Yes, I've been wanting something like that since I got my video capable iPhone (no video on the 3G). It doesn't even have to be a seperate icon, just a different folder, like there is "camera roll", they should add "video reel"

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

4. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

thanks for the link

will do :D

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Isn't there a filter at the top that allows you to choose photos, videos or both?

6. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

no only way is when you are in the camera app then you hit your last picture or video in the lower left side then you hit camera roll and ONLY then you get All, Photos, and Videos. I agree with the TS Apple needs to fix this like last year

7. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

but isn't the "video" part on the iPod touches just splitting up the iPod function into audio and video?

photos holds pictures you synched in various albums, and everything you shot yourself in the camera roll.
    a digital camera doesn't handle it much differently.

i would reckon it would be pretty annoying having to switch between apps if you go through a mixed photo/video session.

"here's us in front of the capitol, here's us in front of the washington monument, ... i even took a video of Stan peeing onto the monument! ... gotta switch app ... there you go! *video* ... ok, back to the camera roll in the photos app"

i kinda like it the way it is :/

8. CJayC macrumors 6502

There's a pretty simple explanation for it although I'm sure most people won't understand why still. The iPod has the music and video icons because the device ITSELF is called iPod, it wouldn't make any sense to make an iPod APP. Since the iPhone is not officially an iPod, they can have an iPod app.

9. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

How about a filter to see all (images and videos), just images, or just video?

Being able to creat your own Roll would be helpful too.

10. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

+1

11. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

ofcourse, a filter would be a nice option.

but then again ... more buttons, more screen clutter.

i don't see the problem of videos being treated equally to photos, staying in proper chronological order.

12. NeshyD macrumors regular

NeshyD

+1

They should have this in the Photos.app as well.

[​IMG]

13. OMGitsShan macrumors regular

totally agree...

To me it's the same as any digital camera. And I like that everything is in order of time taken with videos and pictures mixed in. Sure if there is a sort that shows only pictures or only videos etc thats fine, but 2 different apps - one to handle video and one to handle pictures is a no no from me.

14. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

now this would make a nice solution

oh well :rolleyes:

just thought id make a thread not related to people complaining about antennas and free cases