Why Does Apple Watch take so long to start up? Also, charge while off?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by HappyDude20, Sep 17, 2016.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

anytime I turn on my Apple Watch it takes at least two minutes on the Apple logo. Is this common? Just wondering.

Second; I know the iPhone charges faster when off. Can i charge the Apple Watch while it's off too? I tried turning it off while plugged in but it immediately turns back on. Again wondering.

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Yes, turning on the Apple Watch takes about 2 minutes to fully turn on, this is normal, I just tested this myself this morning. I don't think you can charge it while it is off. It charges pretty quickly when it is on that it really shouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It is normal. Due to the processor being slow.

4. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

What Apple watch do you have? I saw a video that shows the series 2 starting up in about 1 minute compared to over 2 minutes for the series 0.

5. terminator-jq macrumors regular

It sucks that you can't charge it while its off. Is there any way to stop it from making that "battery full" notification noise? Only reason I ask is because I plan to charge the Watch while I sleep and that noise kept waking me up all night (I eventually just took it off the charger). I was an early adopter of the Apple Watch 1 and I don't remember having this issue. I have the Series 1.

6. lightmyway macrumors member

lightmyway

I believe if you put the Watch on silent, it won't make that sound.

7. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Use "do not disturb" night setting in your phone,should mute the watch too.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

"Theater Mode" actually mutes the Apple Watch and keeps the display dark until you tap the screen or press the digital crown to read a notification. This would be installed on the latest watchOS update.

9. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Yes,but using the function I mentioned,mutes it automatically at the set time every night,theatre mode must be turned on and off manually.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Wait, the Apple watch makes a noise when its fully charged? I have never once heard that noise in just about 2 years now (next week)..