iPad Why does bookmark bar stay open after selecting iOS8

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bigbadduke, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Bigbadduke, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

Bigbadduke macrumors newbie

UPDATE: I discovered the problem only exists in landscape mode. The bar does hide after selecting a favorite in portrait mode. How could they miss this in testing? I assume this is a bug and not a "feature".

I hate the new bookmarks bar in iOS 8 on my iPad Air. How do I make the bookmark bar hide after making a selection. Apple brags about full screen but then takes away a quarter of the screen with the bookmarks bar. Who the hell leaves their bookmarks open all the time?

2. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Actually this behavior is the same as Safari on Mac OS X. The left bookmark pane stays open until you choose to close it.
    It may be an annoyance to you, but I think that is how Apple intended it to be.

3. Bigbadduke thread starter macrumors newbie

I sure hope this is not the case. That is extremely annoying. Who keeps their favorites open all the time?

4. thestranded macrumors newbie

It's not even consistent in landscape mode. If you open a new tab and select a bookmark from the sidebar, the sidebar automatically disappears. But it doesn't disappear if the tab already has a site loaded.