Why does Chrome take forever to open Macrumors site?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jon08, Feb 24, 2010.

1. jon08 macrumors 65816

I really don't have a feeling that Chrome is as fast as people claim it to be. For example, each time I try to open Macrumors forum website it takes like 8-10 secs for Chrome to load the page!! (In Safari it takes 2-3 secs.)

I've noticed Chrome will often display "Resolving host..." msg first, then it will take you to the site of your choice. Something must be wrong with my browser, but I really don't know why - I just installed it anew, but no change.

Any ideas?? (Btw, I've read somewhere that turning off the DNS setting in Chrome will help speed things up, but it didn't seem to help when I tried it...)

2. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This appears isolated to you. For me Chrime loads macrumors.com and forums.macrumors.com just fine and quickly.

4. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hm, perhaps it has to do with me being in China at the moment, because if I access Macrumors through a proxy, it will indeed load quickly.

Though I don't get it why Safari would work fine then even though I'm in China. Perhaps the Chrome issue has to do with China vs. Google beef.