Why does every one care about fonts?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Greenbird600, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Greenbird600 macrumors member

So i've been a mac user for a couple months now, and it seems to me that I've seen more about fonts then I ever did when I was using a PC. Why does the mac community seem to care about fonts so much? I've never felt the need to change mine. I can understand others might want to, but the amount stuff about fonts seems really disproportionate. So I ask, what's up with fonts!?:confused:

2. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Mac users generally care about aesthetics more than PC users, I suppose. That probably being one of the reasons they buy a Mac.

After Steve Jobs dropped out of college to start Apple, he still audited classes at his former college. The one he said that affected him the most was a calligraphy class, as it had a great impact on his appreciate for aesthetics, which ultimately affected the design of Apple products and the fonts on the Macintosh. Apple once even commissioned a special version of Garamond from Adobe for their exclusive use, I believe.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

4. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Double post, sorry. Wish there was a way to delete a bad one for we regular folks.

5. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

You could try this. There is also Silk but I don't think it is Leopard-compatible yet.